DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s9fmw4/global_mems) has announced the addition of the "Global MEMS Microphone Market 2014-2018" report to their offering.
A MEMS microphone consists of a pressure-sensitive diaphragm that is fixed directly into a silicon IC and is accompanied by an integrated preamplifier. MEMS microphones are often integrated with modern digital products; they are widely used in high-quality audio output devices. Most smartphones and tablets use MEMS microphones for high-quality voice output. Technological advancement has led to the development of miniaturized MEMS microphones, which can be easily integrated into compact electronic devices. MEMS microphones are increasingly used in hearing aids because of their superior noise-reducing quality.
The Global MEMS Microphone market experienced strong year-on-year growth in 2013. This is mainly because smartphone manufacturers increased the adoption of MEMS microphones. Initially, only one MEMS microphone was used in a smartphone, but now it has increased to two to three.
- AAC Technologies Holdings Inc.
- Analog Devices Inc.
- GoerTek Inc.
- Knowles Electronics Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Bosch GmbH
- Bosung Electronic Co. Ltd.
- Hosiden Corp.
- MEMSensing Microsystems Co. Ltd.
- NeoMEMS Technologies Inc.
- STMicroelectronics NV
- TDK-EPC Corp.
- Wolfson Microelectronics
Key Market Drivers/Challenges/Trends
- Increased Use of MEMS Microphones in Smartphones.
- Lack of Product Differentiation.
- Miniaturization of MEMS Microphones.
Key Questions Answered in this Report
- What will the market size be in 2018 and what will the growth rate be?
- What are the key market trends?
- What is driving this market?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in this market space?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the key vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the key vendors?
You can request one free hour of our analyst's time when you purchase this market report.
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s9fmw4/global_mems.