DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/25smt9/keryxs_zerenex) has announced the addition of the "Keryx's Zerenex - Novel phosphate binder for use in the dialysis setting" report to their offering.
Zerenex is an oral ferric citrate-based phosphate binder that Keryx developed for use in the treatment of the elevated phosphorous levels experienced by patients undergoing dialysis for chronic renal failure. Hyperphosphatemia upsets the finely tuned balance between calcium and phosphorus in the body, often referred to as the Ca X PO4 product.
Those disruptions ultimately affect bone health. Similarly, chronic renal disease is associated with chronic anemia. Excessive blood loss is one cause in the dialysis setting. The result is iron deficiency. Zerenex is uniquely positioned to treat both hyperphosphatemia and iron deficiency. As such, it is unique amongst phosphate binders.
Key Topics Covered:
The Metabolic disturbances of chronic kidney disease
- Hyperphosphatemia of chronic kidney disease
- Anemia of chronic kidney disease
Zerenex (Ferric citrate/JTT-751)
- Preclinical and early phase datarationale for use
- Completed clinical trials
- Other trials (ClinicalTrials.gov)
Clinical and regulatory Discussion
- What do these basic data tell us about Zerenex and its competitive profile?
- IronZerenex's two-for-the price of one advantage
- Regulatory discussion
- In summary the implications for Zerenex
- Epidemiology (USRDS, 2013)
- Japan Tobacco International
- Keryx Pharmaceuticals
- Kissai Pharma
- Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma
- Panioun & BF Biotech
- Vifor Pharma
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/25smt9/keryxs_zerenex
About Research and Markets
Research and Markets is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.