LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Reading International, Inc. (NASDAQ:RDI) announced today that it has reached an agreement with Charter Hall regarding its continued lease of the Cinema located at Riverdale shopping centre in Dubbo, Australia. Reading has operated the cinema complex since June 1999 and the Company looks forward to maintaining its strong relationship with the Dubbo community.
Reading Entertainment’s Managing Director, Wayne Smith, said: “It’s a great outcome for all concerned, although more so for our loyal customers who have supported the cinema for many years. We are very excited about the cinema’s future, staying in Dubbo and providing the best entertainment we can. Late last year the cinema was fitted out with world class digital projection systems that have greatly improved the film presentation therefore it’s a natural progression for the complex to undergo a face lift and refurbishment which is planned for September this year. We look forward to showcasing our new offer and kicking off a brand new era of movie going in Dubbo.”
Reading will host a ‘red carpet’ film premiere night upon completion of the refurbishment and locals will have an opportunity to win tickets to the event.
About Reading International, Inc.
Reading International (http://www.readingrdi.com) is in the business of owning and operating cinemas and developing, owning and operating real estate assets. Our business consists primarily of:
- the development, ownership and operation of multiplex cinemas in the United States, Australia and New Zealand; and
- the development, ownership, and operation of retail and commercial real estate in Australia, New Zealand, and the United States, including entertainment-themed retail centers (“ETRC”) in Australia and New Zealand and live theater assets in Manhattan and Chicago in the United States.
Reading manages its worldwide business under various different brands:
in the United States, under the
- Reading brand (http://www.readingcinemasus.com);
- Angelika Film Center brand (http://www.angelikafilmcenter.com);
- Consolidated Theatres brand (http://www.consolidatedtheatres.com);
- City Cinemas brand (http://www.citycinemas.com);
- Beekman Theatre brand (http://www.beekmantheatre.com);
- The Paris Theatre brand (http://www.theparistheatre.com);
- Liberty Theatres brand (http://libertytheatresusa.com/); and
- Village East Cinema brand (http://villageeastcinema.com)
- in Australia, under the
in New Zealand, under the
- Reading brand (http://www.readingcinemas.co.nz);
- Rialto brand (http://www.rialto.co.nz);
- Reading Properties brand (http://readingproperties.co.nz);
- Courtenay Central brand (http://www.readingcourtenay.co.nz);
- Steer n’ Beer restaurant brand (http://steernbeer.co.nz); and
- Taupo Motel brand (http://www.sailstaupo.co.nz).