QUINCY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--What does it take for a company to reach 100 years? Dedication to the community, commitment to associates and customers, and fresh ideas! This year, The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC is celebrating its 100th Anniversary with exciting offers, activities and events showcasing the company’s promise to the neighborhoods and communities it serves. The anniversary festivities will kick off this weekend, beginning May 23, in stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Rhode Island.
“For 100 years our company has been dedicated to making a positive impact in the communities we serve,” said Joe Kelley, President, Stop & Shop New England Division. “Our anniversary theme is Fresh Ideas for a 100 Years. This will serve as our springboard to showcase our continued commitment to being a better place to shop, a better place to work, and a better neighbor.”
Since 1914, Stop & Shop’s dedication to innovation has forever changed the way people shop. From developing the concept of a “self-serve” grocery store to launching virtual grocery shopping with Peapod, the company has pioneered the modern supermarket and driven to constantly improve customers’ shopping experience. This year Stop & Shop will host a range of activities to celebrate its commitment to innovation and to serving its associates, customers and neighbors. An exciting campaign called 100 Days of Giving kicks off on Memorial Day. For 100 days, 100 non-profits across the Stop & Shop service area will receive a surprise $1,000 donation. These organizations were nominated by Stop & Shop store associates.
All are welcome to celebrate with Stop & Shop beginning Memorial Day weekend! Check out the exciting offers, events and activities kicking off in stores and in the community, including:
In-store Offers and Promotions:
- Retro Products and Packaging – Pick up select Stop & Shop products in historic, retro designs featuring the old bow tie Stop & Shop logo. Starting May 23rd, these products will be on store shelves: Coffee, New England Clam Chowder, Hotdog & Hamburger Rolls, and Ice Cream.
Anniversary Confetti Fun Cake – Try Stop & Shop’s
celebratory cake, featuring a chocolate chip blond brownie base
layered with vanilla mousse, sponge cake with colorful.
sprinkles, Belgian chocolate-coated crisp pearls and topped with real dairy whipped cream for $14.99 exclusively at the Bakery.
- Diamond Jubilee Bouquet – Stop & Shop’s Flower Shops will feature celebratory bouquets with roses, alstromeria, poms and glittered greens beginning May 29 for $14.99.
- Anniversary Deli Platter – Bring the celebration home for a party of your own with a classic deli platter in two sizes, for $29.99 and $49.99.
- Celebratory Reusable Bags – Keep an eye out for newly designed reusable bags, featuring the 100th Anniversary logo and design
- 100 Days of Giving – From Memorial through Labor Day, Stop & Shop New England will donate $1,000 to 100 New England non-profit organizations. These donations are in addition to the $15 million in donations to hunger relief organizations and children’s health and wellness programs in Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island this year.
- Summer Concert Series – Every Wednesday from June 4 to September 3, join Stop & Shop on the plaza at their New England Headquarters for a free concert. The entertainment is open to the public from noon - 1p.m. at 1385 Hancock Street in Quincy, MA.
Facebook Recipe Contest:
- Fresh Ideas Fridays – Follow Stop & Shop on Facebook for a weekly recipe contest! Each Friday, a product will be featured and fans will be asked to share recipes and ideas using the products. Winners will be chosen weekly for great prizes!
Stop & Shop’s Official Birthday!
- Stop & Shop’s official birthday is September 6, 2014! Look for additional in-store celebrations and offers on this day.
For more information about Stop & Shop’s 100th Anniversary, visit www.stopandshop.com/celebrate100 and www.Facebook.com/StopandShop. Join the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #stopshop100 @stopandshop.
About Stop & Shop
The Stop & Shop Supermarket Company LLC employs approximately 59,000 associates and operates 394 stores throughout Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, New York and New Jersey. The company helps support local communities fight hunger, combat childhood cancer and promote general health and wellness – with emphasis on children’s educational and support programs. In its commitment to be a sustainable company, Stop & Shop is a member of the U.S. Green Building Council and EPA’s Smart Way program; and has been recognized by the EPA for the superior energy management of its stores. Stop & Shop is an Ahold company. To learn more about Stop & Shop, visit www.stopandshop.com or www.facebook.com/stopandshop.