LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Envelope, Los Angeles Times’ must-read awards and industry insider, turns its attention to the heavyweights vying for Primetime Emmy nominations, set to be announced July 10th, and the run-up to the August 25th ceremony. As TV delivers groundbreaking entertainment and binge-watching takes hold as America’s new favorite pastime, The Envelope shines a spotlight on television’s biggest names, favorite hit shows and who’s going for the gold.
“The Envelope provides the industry and devoted fans with indispensable and comprehensive entertainment awards coverage and insight into the creative processes behind the year’s best shows,” said Envelope editor Elena Howe.
Exclusive videos from four intimate and lively Envelope Roundtables debut today, and print editions and up-to-the-minute online coverage and photos will roll out through the summer.
- May 22: Drama Series
- May 29: Comedy Series & Actors
- June 5: Drama Acting
- June 12: Reality, Non-Fiction, Movies & Miniseries
- August 7: Nominees
May 22: Showrunners moderated by Mary
- Michelle Ashford (“Masters of Sex”), Julian Fellowes (“Downton Abbey”), Joel Fields (“The Americans”), Scott M. Gimple (“The Walking Dead”), Beau Willimon (“House of Cards”)
May 29: Comedy moderated by Greg
- Carrie Brownstein (“Portlandia”), Tony Hale (“Veep”), Wendi McLendon-Covey (“The Goldbergs”), Taylor Schilling (“Orange Is the New Black”), Eric Stonestreet (“Modern Family”)
June 5: Drama moderated by Yvonne
- Lizzy Caplan (“Masters of Sex”), Vera Farmiga (“Bates Motel”), Jon Hamm (“Mad Men”), Julianna Margulies (“The Good Wife”), Norman Reedus (“The Walking Dead”), Liev Schreiber (“Ray Donovan”)
June 12: Reality moderated by Scott
- Phil Keoghan (“The Amazing Race”), Padma Lakshmi (“Top Chef”), Jane Lynch (“Hollywood Game Night”), RuPaul (“Drag Race”)
Early Emmy® buzz has already begun at Show Tracker, Buzzmeter and the Gold Standard. In addition, the new latimes.com makes it easier than ever to discover, enjoy and share Envelope news, videos and photos.
About the Los Angeles Times
The Los Angeles Times is the largest metropolitan daily newspaper in the country, with a daily readership of 1.5 million and 2.6 million on Sunday, more than 22 million unique latimes.com visitors monthly and a combined print and online local weekly audience of 4 million. The Pulitzer Prize-winning Times has been covering Southern California for more than 132 years.
The Los Angeles Times Media Group (LATMG) businesses and affiliates also include The Envelope, Times Community News, and Hoy Los Angeles which, combined with the flagship Los Angeles Times, reach approximately 5.2 million or 38% of all adults in the Southern California marketplace. LATMG also owns California Community News, LLC, operates Tribune Direct LA, and is part of Tribune Company, one of the country’s leading media companies with businesses in publishing, the Internet and broadcasting. Additional information is available at latimes.com/aboutus.