MILPITAS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--FrontRange, the Hybrid IT software company, today announced the addition of several new critical capabilities to the IT service catalog that is included in its HEAT 2014.1 Service Management solution. The Service Catalog updates include key updates to the user interface that allow for greater ease-of-use, additional reporting functionality and enhanced workflow integration.
Enhancements to HEAT Service Catalog functionality include:
- Improved usability and user interface: addition of tool tips for improved self-help, dynamic field capabilities based on customer input providing better context and navigation and single or multi-pages free-form design to meet customer specific layout needs.
- Enhanced reporting: full transactional and BI reporting capabilities for higher level of performance monitoring and measurement.
- Enhanced Workflow integration: dynamic workflow builder improvements with drag and drop capabilities and ability to call external systems for service fulfillments.
- Multi-currency support: broader multi-currency support allows users to define pricelists with one-time or recurring prices in local currencies based on the country of the employee.
- Pricelist support: allows users to define cost and price for each item and define pricelist per select option within a request offering.
- Price views per employees/cost center/business unit: creates possibility to show employees own costs (or prices) as one-time and recurring charges and transfer these charges to an internal accounting system.
HEAT is the first Service Management solution that incorporates both on-premise and cloud applications on a unified platform. This approach delivers a complete service management solution from a single vendor, on a single platform, that gives customers the flexibility to leverage multi-tenant cloud or on-premise deployment options—or a combination of the two—to support their unique and evolving business needs.
“The biggest benefit of having deployed HEAT is having more consistent IT service best practices,” said Wil Clark, Director of IT Service Management at University of North Texas System. “We’ve heard in our customer satisfaction surveys that people know where to go to find help now that we have HEAT Service Catalog.”
“Given the growing business demand for cutting-edge service catalog solutions, FrontRange has focused its development efforts on the overhaul of its service catalog component,” said Udo Waibel, chief technology officer, FrontRange. “Many of HEAT’s Service Catalog enhancements are driven specifically by our customers’ requirement to help them support the business as a key service provider. We have a wide range of customers whose service catalog requirements range from being very simple to complex. Such complexity is especially prevalent in our larger and more global customers who demand enterprise-caliber service catalog capabilities to support their business.”
FrontRange is a leading provider of Hybrid IT software solutions for organizations of all sizes. With our suite of HEAT applications, FrontRange is the only company in the world that provides, from a single platform, Service Management and Client Management software on-premise and in the cloud. HEAT manages millions of service interactions and millions of devices every day for more than 15,000 leading organizations around the world. Our customers deliver world-class service while maximizing operational efficiencies with reduced cost and complexity. FrontRange is headquartered in Milpitas, Calif. and can be found at http://www.frontrange.com.