SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aerohive Networks® (NYSE:HIVE), a leader in controller-less Wi-Fi and cloud-managed mobile networking for the enterprise market, today announced that Memorial Hermann, the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas, continues its implementation of Aerohive’s robust wireless solution to provide secure, reliable and scalable wireless access for its mission-critical patient care.
- Memorial Hermann Health System is the largest not-for-profit healthcare system in Texas, operating 12 hospitals and over 175 clinics, as well as numerous specialty programs and services in the greater Houston area.
- The 5,500 affiliated physicians and 21,000 employees practice evidence-based medicine with a relentless focus on quality and patient safety, treating more than 1.4 million patients annually.
- Memorial Hermann conducts cutting-edge medical procedures like organ transplants and robotic surgery, relying on critical systems and equipment such as wireless infusion pumps, laptops in operating rooms and voice recognition for physician reports. As a result, the organization required a networking solution that would deliver greater throughput to support voice and video, and provide a stable mobility platform for the numerous mission-critical medical devices and equipment that operate wirelessly.
- Memorial Hermann had implemented Cisco and Aruba for five years, and the technology lifecycle was up, compelling the healthcare organization to re-evaluate its needs.
- After a thorough evaluation, Memorial Hermann realized a complete upgrade was needed to support modern applications. Additionally, the IT team wanted to move away from its legacy controller-based enterprise Wi-Fi solution to more easily manage the growth of the network and avoid having a single point of failure in the network.
- Memorial Hermann Health System evaluated several vendors and chose Aerohive based on its cost-effective, controller-less solution that provided ease of deployment, scalability and superior throughput. The controller-less technology also meant the organization could quickly deploy to remote locations.
- Since deploying Aerohive, Memorial Hermann Health System has not experienced any issues with connectivity – key for its large network which handles 11,000 concurrent users and clients, including approximately 5,000 guest users on an average day. With mission-critical medical operations, having no single point of failure with Aerohive’s technology is a huge relief for network administrators.
- Aerohive’s resilient connectivity has enabled the organization’s medical practitioners to seamlessly scan patient arm bands for dispensing medication, register patients on wireless tablets and use laptops in mobile carts to access EMRs. Network administrators have found Aerohive’s spectrum analysis feature to be invaluable, automatically detecting interference from non Wi-Fi radio devices.
- Aerohive has also been key in allowing the system to securely deploy a network that meets stringent HIPAA compliancy rules, as well as patient privacy and protection regulations.
- With built-in features in the HiveOS® and HiveManager®, Memorial Hermann Health System can tightly monitor application usage, prohibiting information to be downloaded onto wireless devices, and thus protecting patient information in case of device theft or compromised data.
- By the end of the rollout, Memorial Hermann Health System will have over 6,000 Aerohive access points, with 800 Aerohive access points alone at its Texas Medical Center location.
- To read the full Memorial Hermann case study, please visit http://www.aerohive.com/resources/memorial-hermann-health-system
“When considering a refresh of the entire network, the cost of upgrading controllers alone proved expensive and cost prohibitive,” said Ty Hall, network architecture infrastructure manager, Memorial Hermann Health System. “With Aerohive, we found an exceptional solution for our wireless network.”
“For more than 100 years, Memorial Hermann Health System has focused on advancing health and redefining healthcare. Part of this definition today includes embracing technology as we strive for truly integrated health care. This is why network infrastructure solutions like Aerohive not only help us reach our mission, but also have contributed to our evolution from a traditional hospital to a clinically-integrated health system.”
About Aerohive Networks
Aerohive (NYSE: HIVE) unleashes the power of enterprise mobility. Aerohive’s technology enables organizations of all sizes to use mobility to increase productivity, engage customers, and grow their business. Deployed in over 14,000 enterprises worldwide, Aerohive's proprietary mobility platform takes advantage of the cloud and a distributed architecture to deliver unified, intelligent, simplified and cost-effective networks. Aerohive was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in Sunnyvale, Calif. For more information, please visit www.aerohive.com, call us at 408-510-6100, follow us on Twitter @Aerohive, subscribe to our blog, join our community or become a fan on our Facebook page.
“Aerohive” “HiveOS” and “HiveManger” are registered trademarks of Aerohive Networks, Inc. All product and company names used herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.