NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As the role of the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) continues to evolve with the market environment and companies adapt business strategies to meet financial targets, Bloomberg will host the CFO Conference on Tuesday, May 20, at Bloomberg headquarters in New York. The Conference will offer corporate CFOs, treasurers and investment relations officers (IROs) perspectives on the financial environment in which they work.
Speakers will address a wide range of topics, including finding the right CFO, liquidity strategies, the CFO’s role as a technologist and strategies for embracing the changing financial environment. The Conference will also focus on deal making, including a panel on the outlook for M&A and one-on-one conversations with Laurence A. Tosi, Chief Financial Officer of Blackstone, and Adena Friedman, Chief Financial Officer and Managing Director of the Carlyle Group, who will discuss their views on the CFO’s role in deal making, as well as managing finance chiefs across a wide range of industries.
Through fast-paced conversations led by top Bloomberg journalists, participants will examine the ever-changing role of the CFO and what makes a great CEO/CFO partnership. Additionally, breakout sessions throughout the day will analyze risks and factors that affect CFOs such as activist investors, new technology, foreign exchanges, social media and human connectivity.
"The role of the CFO has become more multi-faceted in the climate of increasing transparency and regulation," said Jason Kelly, Managing Editor of Bloomberg LINK. "We will combine the business and financial intelligence of Bloomberg to provide thoughtful insight for CFOs as they move forward in the ever-changing market landscape."
Key speakers at the event include:
- Judy Bruner, Executive Vice President of Administration and Chief Financial Officer, SanDisk
- Jay Rasulo, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, The Walt Disney Company
- Jason Cahilly, Executive Vice President, Strategy and Chief Financial Officer, National Basketball Association
- Frank Calderoni, Chief Financial Officer, CISCO
- Nicholas Fanandakis, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, DuPont
- Dipak Golechha, Chief Financial Officer, Chobani
- Mike Herring, Chief Financial Officer, Pandora
- Dennis Leatherby, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Tyson Foods
- Mike Olson, Chief Strategy Officer, Cloudera
- Mark Powers, Chief Financial Officer, JetBlue
- John D. Rainey, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, United
- Lee Shavel, Chief Financial Officer and Executive Vice President, The NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
The Summit is sponsored by Graystone ConsultingSM and RetailMeNot, Inc.
For more information about the program and our speakers, please visit: http://www.bloomberglink.com/events/cfosummit/.
For more information about Bloomberg L.P. please visit http://www.bloomberg.com/about.
About Bloomberg LINK
Bloomberg LINK, the executive conference arm of Bloomberg LP, leverages the resources of a global news and information organization to convene events that break news and generate content in live and digital forums. The LINK portfolio focuses on business, technology, finance and world affairs. Since its creation in 2009, LINK has hosted more than 140 events in 14 countries. For more information, please visit www.bloomberglink.com, on the Bloomberg Professional service at LINK <GO> or via Twitter @BBGLink.