DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6hf8lb/asacol_hd) has announced the addition of the "Asacol HD (Ulcerative Colitis) - Forecast and Market Analysis to 2022" report to their offering.
During the forecast period from 2012-2022, the growth of the UC market will be driven largely by the entry of Johnson & Johnson's (J&J's) Simponi and Takeda's Entyvio, which will lead to an increase in the overall number of patients being treated with biologics in the US, EU, Japan, and Canada. Another key event affecting the UC market is the anticipated launch of biosimilars, given that the patent expiry of the UC blockbusters, Remicade and Humira are set to expire in the US in 2018 and 2016, respectively.
Asacol made a significant impact in the UC market, mostly thanks to mesalamine's well-known safety profile. In turn, Asacol is considered the gold standard for mesalamine products in all forms (tablets, suppositories, enemas). The active ingredient in Asacol, mesalamine, exerts its function through its anti-inflammatory and immunosuppressive actions as a COX inhibitor, a blocker of T-cell-activating cytokines, an adenosine inducer, and an antibody synthesis inhibitor.
- Overview of Ulcerative Colitis, including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on Asacol including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
Sales forecast for Asacol for the top ten countries from 2012 to 2022
Reasons to buy
- Understand and capitalize by identifying products that are most likely to ensure a robust return
- Stay ahead of the competition by understanding the changing competitive landscape for Ulcerative Colitis
- Effectively plan your M&A and partnership strategies by identifying drugs with the most promising sales potential
- Make more informed business decisions from insightful and in-depth analysis of Asacol performance
- Obtain sales forecast for Asacol from 2012-2022 in the top ten countries
Key Topics Covered:
1 Table of Contents
3 Disease Overview
4 Disease Management
5 Competitive Assessment
6 Asacol HD (mesalamine)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6hf8lb/asacol_hd