KEENE, N.H.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--G2 Intelligence, a 30+ year leader in research, reporting, and analysis on the business of the diagnostic lab industry — including extensive coverage of the hospital laboratory marketplace through live events, periodicals, and proprietary research — announced today that they will hold a convenient one-day workshop at the Hamilton Crowne Plaza Washington DC, Thursday, May 22, 2014: New Compliance Red Flags for Labs: How to Minimize Legal Risks in an Evolving Market.
“No lab can afford to pay millions of dollars due to careless mistakes or inadvertent noncompliance with laws,” says Kimberly Scott, G2’s Managing Editor and workshop program chair. “Unfortunately, far too many labs find themselves in this position. This workshop is designed to help labs pinpoint where it may be most vulnerable, while sharing strategies for staying out of trouble.”
The insightful program promises something for everyone — from large laboratories with robust compliance programs and legal counsel, to small and mid-size labs or pathology groups navigating the murky compliance waters alone.
In just one day, attendees will:
- Get insight into the current enforcement climate in health care
- Assess the threat to the industry from aggressive federal and state agencies and contractors
- Understand risks to labs as they seek to join shared savings arrangements
- Learn strategies for minimizing legal risk in releasing completed test reports directly to patients
- Find out what is and is not allowed when it comes to offering discounts in test pricing
- Assess the potential fraud and abuse exposures associated with lab sales and marketing
- Learn how to conduct a self-audit designed to identify trouble spots before they become major problems
- Federal Enforcement Climate Heating Up: Are Labs in Jeopardy?, with Hope Foster, Esq., Member, Mintz Levin
- Compliance Risks in ACO Shared-Savings Arrangements: When “Pay to Play” Can Land You in Hot Water, with David Gee, Esq., Member, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Beware These Legal Minefields in Providing Patients Direct Access to Test Results, with Peter Kazon, Esq., Senior Counsel, Alston & Bird
- The Danger of Discounts: Pricing Pitfalls and Suspect Swaps, with Craig Holden, Esq., President and Chief Operating Officer, Ober|Kaler
- Be Careful Out There: Minimizing Compliance Risks in Lab Sales and Marketing, with Richard Cooper, Esq., Member, McDonald Hopkins LLC
- Compliance Double Check: How to Catch Problems Before They Land You in Hot Water, with Christopher Young, CHC, President, Laboratory Management Support Services, and Editor G2 Compliance Advisor
Panel Discussions with Q&A:
- Coping with Risks in Today’s Challenging Environment
- Lessons Learned in Avoiding Legal and Compliance Hotspots
Group discounts are available for 3 or more people from the same organization. For group registrations, please call Jeff Watkins at 603-357-8229 to facilitate your registration, or email jwatkins@G2Intelligence.com.
About G2 Intelligence
Advancing the Business of Diagnostic Medicine
G2 Intelligence provides timely, accurate, and trusted analysis of industry and market trends, legal and regulatory developments, and technology and innovation that directly affect the operations, financial performance, and competitive position of diagnostic testing laboratories and related medical services providers.
G2 Intelligence has covered and reported on the diagnostic industry for over 30 years. Today, the company delivers topical and analytical periodicals, proprietary research studies, and custom advisory services, and through live and virtual events, facilitates industry meetings and information exchanges.
G2 Intelligence is a division of Kennedy Information, LLC, a leading provider of professional markets analysis. Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg, is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
More information is available for you at www.G2Intelligence.com.