NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shareholders of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG) today elected fourteen directors at the company's Annual Meeting of Shareholders. The shareholders also voted to support each of the four proposals recommended by the AIG Board of Directors.
The results were as follows:
(1) Elected fourteen directors as follows:
|Nominee||Votes For||Votes Against|
|Robert H. Benmosche||1,054,339,574||7,773,927|
|W. Don Cornwell||1,054,202,580||7,860,632|
|Peter. R. Fisher||1,056,251,374||5,813,338|
|John H. Fitzpatrick||1,057,030,470||5,035,683|
|William G. Jurgensen||1,057,451,206||4,609,923|
|Christopher S. Lynch||1,057,385,945||4,640,911|
|Arthur C. Martinez||1,045,291,347||16,559,619|
|George L. Miles, Jr.||889,655,655||154,929,122|
|Henry S. Miller||1,050,343,084||10,604,456|
|Robert S. Miller||1,056,612,347||5,270,432|
|Suzanne Nora Johnson||1,051,389,490||9,728,764|
|Ronald A. Rittenmeyer||1,056,501,948||5,557,138|
|Douglas M. Steenland||1,056,551,018||5,501,753|
|Theresa M. Stone||1,053,009,438||7,953,338|
(2) Approved, by a vote of 1,038,267,745 shares for and 18,817,784 shares against, a non-binding advisory resolution to approve executive compensation.
(3) Approved, by a vote of 1,108,778,889 shares for and 65,019,797 shares against, a proposal to amend and restate AIG’s Restated Certification of Incorporation to continue to restrict certain transfers of AIG’s Common Stock in order to protect AIG’s tax attributes.
(4) Approved, by a vote of 961,078,841 shares for and 100,765,630 shares against, a proposal to ratify the amendment to extend the expiration of the American International Group, Inc. Tax Asset Protection Plan.
(5) Approved, by a vote of 1,159,567,035 shares for and 12,570,527 shares against, ratification of the selection of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP as AIG's independent registered public accounting firm for 2014.
# # #
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading international insurance organization serving customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional, and individual customers through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of life insurance and retirement services in the United States. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
AIG is the marketing name for the worldwide property-casualty, life and retirement, and general insurance operations of American International Group, Inc. For additional information, please visit our website at www.aig.com. All products and services are written or provided by subsidiaries or affiliates of American International Group, Inc. Products or services may not be available in all countries, and coverage is subject to actual policy language. Non-insurance products and services may be provided by independent third parties. Certain property-casualty coverages may be provided by a surplus lines insurer. Surplus lines insurers do not generally participate in state guaranty funds, and insureds are therefore not protected by such funds.