DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9d9r6p/update_on) has announced the addition of the "Update on European Union Law - New Meeting (Seminar, London)" conference to their offering.
The Update on European Union Law seminar is taking place on 02 July 2014 at The Rembrandt Hotel, London
This seminar has been designed by Richard Christou, Corporate Adviser at Fujitsu Limited, and author of Drafting Commercial Agreements, published by Sweet & Maxwell (5th edition).
INCLUDED IN THE PROGRAMME
- EU Consumer Protection Law - including the Directive on Consumer Rights
- EU Competition Law
- EU Law relating to Intellectual Property and Know how
- EU Commercial Law
Each session will deal with the latest position over the twelve months prior to the seminar on relevant EU legislation, European Court of Justice Case Law, Commission Decisions and Notices.
The speakers will consider likely developments in their particular area over the coming twelve months.
The aim of the seminar is to provide busy practitioners with a succinct but comprehensive overview of the current state of EU law affecting commercial and consumer transactions.
It will also forewarn them about Commission plans for further developments which could affect them in the near future.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Legal and IP professionals in corporate and private practice
- Heads of Legal and IP Departments
- Corporate and in-house patent and legal counsel at every level
- All whose responsibilities include the need to understand the latest development in EU legislation and the impact it will have on the activities of their companies and clients
This course merits 5.5 hours under the UK Solicitors Regulation Authority self-accreditation scheme (ref. CJA/MAFO) and may also be relevant training under the IPReg CPD self-accreditation scheme.
A Certificate of Attendance for Professional Development will be given to each participant who completes the course.
Key Topics Covered:
09.30 - Introduction and Overview
09.45 - Update on EU Consumer Protection Law, including a detailed review of the implementation of the latest Consumer Protection Legislation - the Directive on Consumer Rights
11.00 - Update on EU Competition Law - I
- Cartels and other agreements restricting competition
- Abuse of a Dominant Position
- Current Commission policies on dawn raids, fines, leniency, cartel settlements and commitment decisions
- Analysis of the upcoming EU Directive on actions for damages under national law for infringements of EU and national competition law
12.00 - Update on EU Law relating to Intellectual Property and Knowhow, including:
- The latest cases on exhaustion of rights
- A detailed consideration of the new Knowhow Block Exemption and Guidelines, which are due to come into force in June 2014
14.00 - EU and US Anti-trust Law
- EU/US Cooperation
- View from US and European Lawyers
15.00 - Tea
15.15 - Update on EU Competition Law - II
- Merger Control, Joint Ventures
- Agency and distribution
- State aid
- Public procurement
16.15 - Update on EU Commercial Law
- Enforcement of legal rights in cross-border transactions
- Employment law
- An analysis of the latest Directive on Late Payment for Commercial Transactions
17.00 - Close of Seminar
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/9d9r6p/update_on