DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rhss79/packaged_bottled) has announced the addition of the "Packaged Bottled Water Market in India, 2013 - 2018" report to their offering.
This is a research report on the packaged bottled water industry in India. This industry report covers intelligence on the market size, growth, industry trends, industry attractiveness, and Porter's analysis. The report covers fiscal years 2013 through 2018.
Rising safety and hygiene awareness, following incidents of waterborne diseases in major cities across India has boosted the growth of the packaged bottled water industry in India. This exponential growth has amplified the per capita consumption of bottled water to more than 20 liters, while it was only 4-5 liters in the late 1990's.
- The packaged bottled water industry in India is currently valued at INR 60bn (-USD 1billion) in FY 2013 and has been growing at -15% for the last three years. ValueNotes estimates that the industry will be worth approximately INR 160bn (-USD 2.67billion) by FY 2018, growing at CAGR of -22%.
The packaged bottled water industry is segmented into:
- Packaged drinking water: Packaged drinking water means water derived from any source of potable water and subjected to various treatments to meet the prescribed standard before being packed in a plastic or glass container
- Natural mineral water: Water containing less than 250ppm of total dissolved solids are defined as natural mineral water
- Packaged drinking water, which holds about 85% of the market, is witnessing strong growth owing to various factors such as changes in life style, increase in Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs), health awareness, etc. Natural mineral water on the other hand, which falls under the premium water segment and is primarily consumed by the urban populace owing to its high cost, will witness growth that will be restricted to urban consumers.
- The Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) had formulated Indian Standard (IS) for packaged drinking water (PDW) and packaged natural mineral water (PNMW) under mandatory BIS certification as per Food Safety and Standards Regulation (FSS). This implementation led major players to acquire ISI and BIS certifications to avoid any cancellation of licenses.
- The increase in the number of domestic and foreign tourists in the past years, and in the years to come, is expected to be a major driver for bottled water sales in India
The report includes profiles of the top 5 players with a brief overview about their service offerings, key financial ratios, expansion strategies, etc.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Industry Structure
2. Industry Overview
3. Drivers & Inhibitors
4. Government Initiatives & Policies
5. Industry Trends
6. Industry Analysis
7. Competitive Environment
- Bisleri International Pvt Ltd
- Coca Cola India Pvt Ltd
- Dhariwal Industries Ltd
- Parle Agro Pvt Ltd
- Pepsico India Holdings Pvt Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rhss79/packaged_bottled