CAMPBELL, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Market research firm Infonetics Research released excerpts from its new Policy Management Vendor Scorecard, which profiles, analyzes, and ranks the 8 largest global vendors of policy management solutions: Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Ericsson, Huawei, Openet, Oracle, Juniper, and Redknee.
The 27-page scorecard evaluates vendors entirely on criteria using actual data and metrics, such as direct feedback from service providers, market share data, and publicly available financial data. This approach eliminates subjective scoring and ensures vendors are assessed accurately and fairly.
POLICY SCORECARD ANALYST NOTE
“Our policy scorecard takes a completely quantitative approach to ranking the policy management leaders, leveraging financial metrics, product capabilities and service provider feedback. Huawei’s and Ericsson’s strong financials and market share growth, along with solid scores in the service provider feedback categories, propelled them to the top of the list,” says Shira Levine, directing analyst for service enablement and subscriber intelligence at Infonetics Research.
Continues Levine: “However, we believe that Oracle and Amdocs have the potential to provide a real challenge to the leaders if and when they’re able to work through some of their post-acquisition issues, and Alcatel-Lucent will likely move up the list once its financials are sorted out.”
POLICY MANAGEMENT VENDOR SCORECARD HIGHLIGHTS
- Huawei is #1 in Infonetics’ policy management scorecard, scoring 4 out of 5 overall, and notching top marks in market share, market momentum, and service provider feedback for total cost of ownership
- Finishing just one-tenth of a point behind Huawei, #2 Ericsson leads in several service provider ratings, including product reliability and service and support, and shares the top spot for financial stability with Oracle and Amdocs
- Oracle’s 3rd place position is due to its extremely high score in financial stability, however a slowdown in revenue growth after the Tekelec acquisition translated into a low score in market share momentum, which kept it from a higher overall ranking
- Coming in 4th, Amdocs’ high score in financial stability wasn’t enough to counter its lower market share momentum and total cost of ownership marks
ABOUT INFONETICS’ POLICY SCORECARD
Infonetics’ 2014 policy management vendor scorecard evaluates the leading policy management vendors — Alcatel-Lucent, Amdocs, Ericsson, Huawei, Openet, Oracle, Juniper, Redknee — using criteria that are commonly used by buyers to select vendors, demonstrate success in the marketplace, and position a vendor for success. The matrix rankings are based on 9 criteria including market share, market share momentum, financial stability, services revenue ratio (the amount of service work required to implement a solution), and service provider opinions on technology innovation, product reliability, service and support, product scalability, and total cost of ownership. The report answers such questions as: Who is the top policy vendor overall? Who are the top vendors by criteria (market share, technology innovation, service and support, etc.)? What are each vendor’s strengths and weaknesses? To buy the scorecard, contact Infonetics: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp.
RELATED REPORT EXCERPTS
- Infonetics Service Enablement & Subscriber Intelligence research brief: http://bit.ly/1uB5Rex
- Data brokering is next frontier for subscriber data management
- Operators look to embed deep packet inspection in apps; Market growing to $2B by 2018
- As businesses turn to the IoT for growth, M2M WAN connections set to triple by 2018
- Operators internalizing API development, name Huawei and Oracle top SDP vendors
- Policy management now a $1 billion market, with mobile leading the way
- APIs and M2M gold rush drive big spending in SDP market
UPCOMING MARKET RESEARCH
- Home Automation & Connected Home Strategies: Global Service Provider Survey (May)
- Worldwide M2M Service Provider Leadership Analysis (May)
- Convergent Charging Software & Services Market Share & Forecasts (June)
- Service Delivery Platform Vendor Scorecard (June)
- NFV: The Nitty Gritty (May 8: Attend)
- The Role of Service Delivery Platforms in M2M and IoT (May 20: Attend)
- Monetizing APIs: Market Trends, Use Cases, and Reality Check (View on-demand)
- Adding Value to the Network with Integrated Policy and Charging (View on-demand)
- Using Big Data Analytics to Amplify Security Intelligence (View on-demand)
TO BUY REPORTS, CONTACT:
N. America (West), Asia Pacific: Larry Howard, firstname.lastname@example.org, +1-408-583-3335
N. America (East, Midwest), L. America: Scott Coyne, email@example.com, +1-408-583-3395
EMEA, India, Singapore: George Stojsavljevic, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44-755-488-1623
Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan: http://www.infonetics.com/contact.asp
Infonetics Research (www.infonetics.com) is an international market research and consulting firm serving the communications industry since 1990. A leader in defining and tracking emerging and established technologies in all world regions, Infonetics helps clients plan, strategize, and compete effectively. View Infonetics’ About Us slides at http://bit.ly/QUrbrV.