DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7s97vh/the_insurance) has announced the addition of the "The Insurance Industry in Senegal, Key Trends and Opportunities to 2017" report to their offering.
The Senegalese insurance industry is the third-largest among the Inter-African Conference on Insurance Markets (Conférence Interafricaine des Marchés d'Assurances - CIMA) member states in terms of gross written premium. The Senegalese insurance industry registered significant growth during the review period (2009-2013). The growth of the Senegalese insurance industry was affected by the global financial crisis, however, the industry's written premium grew at a review-period CAGR of 7.5%. The insurance industry is expected to grow further at a CAGR of 8.3% during the forecast period (2013-2018). The insurance industry had 21 insurance companies and one reinsurance company in 2011.
- The Senegalese insurance industry is the third-largest among the Inter-African Conference on Insurance Markets
- Growth in the construction industry, government initiatives towards private spending, rising automobile sales, and an increasing tendency towards savings supported the growth of the Senegalese insurance industry, which recorded a review-period CAGR of 8.3%
- The frequent occurrence of natural disasters such as flooding significantly affected the country's non-life segment, especially property insurance
- The non-life segment was led by motor insurance, followed by property, marine, aviation and transit insurance and general liability insurance
- Exports played a significant role in the growth of the insurance industry
- As of 2013, there were 21 insurers and one reinsurer operating in the country: six in the life segment and 15 in the non-life segment
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
3 Senegalese Insurance Industry Overview
4 Industry Segmentation
5 Governance, Risk and Compliance
6 Competitive Landscape
7 Economic Indicators
- Allianz Sénégal Assurances Vie
- Amsa Assurances Vie
- Axa Assurances SA
- La Prévoyance Assurances SA
- Nsia Sénégal Assurances
- Sonam Assurances SA
- Union des Assurances du Sénégal Vie (Uasen Vie)
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/7s97vh/the_insurance.