WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--GovSec – the Government Security Conference and Expo, which also features TREXPO, the Law Enforcement Expo, today announced the individuals who will be honored with the first-ever Gov30 awards. The Gov30 program recognizes 30 leaders for their contributions to the federal, state, or local government security community in 2013. A reception honoring the Gov30 winners will take place during GovSec on Tuesday, May 13, at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C.
“We are proud to honor these 30 distinguished individuals for their accomplishments last year,” said Kevin O’Grady, president and group publisher, Security, Safety & Health Group at 1105 Media. “They have gone above and beyond the call of duty in protecting the homeland, preventing cyber attacks, ensuring the physical security of our nation and providing leadership in Washington, D.C.”
Recipients of the 2014 Gov30 award include:
- Per Björkdahl, chairman of the Steering Committee, ONVIF
- Michael Blyth, COO, Risk and Strategic Management Corp. (RSM)
- David Bunzel, executive director, Physical Security Interoperability Alliance (PSIA)
- Mike P. Butler, deputy director, Identity Services and Personnel Security and Assurance, Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC)
- Sen. Thomas Carper (D-Del.), , chairman, U.S. Senate Homeland Security & Government Affairs Committee
- Caitlin A. Durkovich, assistant secretary for Infrastructure Protection, Department of Homeland Security
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), chairman, U.S. Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- Lt. General Michael T. Flynn, director, Defense Intelligence Agency
- Jeffrey Friedland, director of Emergency Management/Homeland Security, Office of Homeland Security/Emergency Management, St. Clair County, Michigan
- Dr. Daniel Gerstein, deputy under secretary for Science and Technology, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Lt. Col. Barry R. Greene, assistant chief of staff G6, New York Guard
- Brian Harrell, director of ES-ISAC Operations for the Electricity Sector Information Sharing and Analysis Center at the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC)
- Rep. Peter T. King (R-N.Y.), member, U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee
- Monica Maher, chief of Operations, Industrial Control Systems Cyber Emergency Response Team (ICS-CERT)
- Chuck Manto, chair, InfraGard National EMP SIG
Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chairman, U.S. House of
Representatives Committee on Homeland Security
Major David J. Mulholland, commander, Technical Services, United States Park Police
- Derek A. Nagel, acting director, Security Services Directorate, Pentagon Force Protection Agency (PFPA)
- Mike Namvar, Federal systems engineer, McAfee Federal
- Capt. Gregory J. Norman, Liberty District commander, United States Park Police
- Kshemendra Paul, program manager, Information Sharing Environment (PM-ISE),
- William Pelgrin, president and CEO, Multi-State Information Sharing & Analysis Center (MS-ISAC)
- Maria A. Roat, executive director, Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
- Rep. Mike Rogers (R-Mich.), chairman, U.S. House of Representatives Intelligence Committee
- Dr. Ron R. Ross, NIST Fellow, Project Leader, FISMA Implementation Project, Joint Task Force Transformation Initiative
- Michael L. Seger, director for Safety and Student Services, Penn-Harris-Madison School Corp.
- Austin L. Smith, executive director, Interagency Security Committee
- Keith Stouffer, project leader, Industrial Control System Security Project, National Institute of Standard and Technology (NIST)
- Jason White, Federal systems engineer, McAfee Federal
To register or for more information, please visit the GovSec website at GovSecInfo.com. The GovSec Expo is free to qualified attendees, but registration is required.
For details of about obtaining media credentials, visit the GovSec Press Center.
About GovSec featuring TREXPO
Scheduled for May 12-14, 2014, at the Washington Convention Center in Washington, D.C., GovSec provides the resources and strategies needed by security professionals and first responders to proactively prepare for, prevent and respond to emerging and ongoing threats to their communities, companies, agencies and the homeland. TREXPO is the definitive event delivering training and showcasing tactical and law enforcement equipment, vehicles, technology and services for law enforcement, military, security and federal agencies, which are the first line of defense against threats. Both GovSec and TREXPO are produced by the Security, Safety, and Health Group of 1105 Media, Inc. For more information visit GovSecInfo.com.
About 1105 Media
1105 Media is a leading provider of integrated information and media in targeted B-to-B markets, including specialized sectors of the information technology community; industrial health, safety and compliance; security; environmental protection; and home health care. 1105’s offerings span print and online magazines, journals and newsletters; seminars, conferences and trade shows; training courseware; and Web-based services. 1105 Media is based in Chatsworth, Calif., with offices throughout the United States. Visit 1105media.com.
About the Security, Safety, and Health Group
The Security, Safety, and Health Group is a division of 1105 Media, Inc. In addition to premier industry events such as GovSec, TREXPO, CPM East, and Security Today, the group includes the media brands Security Products, Occupational Health & Safety, School Planning & Management, College Planning & Management, and Home Medical Equipment, as well as ancillary products related to these brands. It is an industry leader in every category it includes.