STOCKHOLM, Sweden--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Regulatory News:
Good start to the year for ICA Gruppen
ICA Gruppen’s consolidated financial statements include ICA AB as a wholly owned subsidiary with effect from 27 March 2013 when the acquisition of Ahold’s shares in ICA AB was completed.
First quarter of 2014 in summary
Comparative figures are pro forma and show the first quarter of 2013 as if ICA and Hakon Invest had been consolidated.
• Consolidated net sales amounted to SEK 23,509 million (23,644) in the first quarter, a decrease of 0.6%. Adjusted for currency fluctuations net sales rose by 0.3% compared with the first quarter last year.
• Operating profit excluding non-recurring items amounted to SEK 528 million (483), an increase of 9.3% compared with the previous year.
• Operating profit amounted to SEK 528 million (304).
• Profit for the period amounted to SEK 299 million (4).
• Earnings per share amounted to SEK 1.50 (0.09).
Events after the end of the period
• ICA Gruppen has signed an agreement to sell the holding in Kjell & Company. The capital gain is expected to amount to approximately SEK 440 million in the second quarter of 2014.
Press and analyst meeting
ICA Gruppen is arranging a press and analyst meeting at Tändstickspalatset, Västra Trädgårdsgatan 15, Stockholm on Wednesday, 7 May 2014 at 10.00 CET. CEO Per Strömberg and acting CFO Merlin Poljak will present the interim report.
The meeting will be webcast and can be followed at www.icagruppen.se/investors. There is also an opportunity to call in on tel. +46 8 50 55 64 74.
The information in this interim report is such that ICA Gruppen must disclose pursuant to the Swedish Securities Market Act and/or the Swedish Financial Instruments Trading Act. The information was submitted for publication at 07.00 CET on Wednesday, 7 May 2014. The report has not been reviewed by the company’s auditors.
ICA Gruppen AB (publ) is one of the Nordic region’s leading retail companies, with around 2,400 of its own and retailer-owned stores in Sweden, Norway, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The Group includes the retail companies ICA Sweden, ICA Norway and Rimi Baltic, ICA Real Estate, which owns and manages properties and ICA Bank, which offers financial services to Swedish customers. The Group also includes the wholly owned portfolio companies Forma Publishing Group and inkClub and partly owned portfolio companies Cervera, Hemtex and Kjell & Company. For more information see www.icagruppen.se
This information was brought to you by Cision http://news.cision.com