CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new digital presence has recently been created by AWESOME (Achieving Women’s Excellence in Supply Chain Operations, Management, and Education), the industry-wide supply chain leadership initiative started in early 2013. The launch of www.awesomeleaders.org is timed to coincide with the second Annual AWESOME Symposium on May 15, 2014, in Chicago.
According to Ann Drake, CEO of DSC Logistics and founder of AWESOME, “Because our purpose is advancing women supply chain leaders, the website serves as a hub for insights, information, and inspiration among senior level women in supply chain roles. This expands the ability of our network to reach leaders in all dimensions of the supply chain and in all parts of the world.”
“Collective Wisdom,” a listening-based record of up-to-date thinking by supply chain executives participating in AWESOME events, is a feature of the new website as are Words of Wisdom, quotes from leaders throughout the network. Leading women in the field are profiled in “Spotlight On,” a feature with a Q&A format.
“When we launched AWESOME we found a surprising number of women holding high level positions in our field, but there was no network, no way to build connections, address mutual interests and leverage those relationships,” Drake said. “The network has doubled in size in its first year – and www.awesomeleaders.org is helping to recognize the outstanding accomplishments of these leaders.”
Women eligible to join the AWESOME network include:
- Director level and above executives with supply chain responsibilities at manufacturing companies and retail businesses
- C-suite leaders in medium or larger logistics and supply chain companies, and VPs and above in ocean or rail companies
- Directors, partners or practice leaders of consulting firms in supply chain management, engineering, technology and other related fields
- Leaders of aviation and space companies, military logistics, and in government responsible for transportation and/or infrastructure
- Professors of leading or emerging university-level programs in logistics and supply chain, engineering, information technology and other related programs
- Leaders of industry organizations
Drake also encourages women who are not yet in those roles to visit the website regularly and “tune In” on the discussions. One of the key priorities of the initiative is to develop the next generation of leaders and future plans include activities aimed at up-and-coming women.
The AWESOME Symposium on May 15 invites senior women to “Accelerate AWESOME.” Panel discussions and up-close conversations will focus on leadership challenges and opportunities. The event will also mark the presentation of the first AWESOME Legendary Leadership (ALL) Award to two women who have achieved extraordinary professional excellence and success, addressed challenges impacting opportunities for women in our field, and advanced the changing landscape of women's supply chain leadership. Information about the Symposium appears on http://awesomeleaders.org/events/may-2014-symposium-2/.