STUTTGART, Germany--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Leitz, a world-leading premium office products brand, today announced the availability of its flagship Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System. The Leitz Icon printer is uniquely equipped with mobile connectivity, drop-in label cartridges and industry-leading printing speed to help business professionals work smarter and faster regardless of their location.
Most small businesses maintain their competitive edge by striking a balance between process and productivity. Smart companies are helping employees reach this desired state with mobile tools that help them accomplish tasks from anywhere. Recent research from analyst firm IDC corroborates the urgency for instituting mobile productivity processes now in its report, “Worldwide Mobile Work Population 2011-2015 Forecast,” when it predicted that 37.2% of the global workforce – more than 1.3 billion people – will be working with mobile tools by 2015. Designed to support today’s mobile professional, the Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System responds to a demonstrated need for more intuitive workflow and mobile capabilities.
“Category innovation within the label printer category has not met the needs of today’s businesses,” said Esselte President of North America and Business Development Philip J. Damiano. “With the Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System, we have created a premium product that is purpose-built to help the modern worker succeed. An intuitive mobile interface makes printing any label as easy as a few taps and swipes from a smart device.”
- Print Anywhere – Whether on the office network or without any Internet access, the Leitz Icon app will always connect the Leitz Icon printer with a Wi-Fi-enabled device. Software is currently available for Mac, Windows and iPad with apps for the iPhone and Android coming soon.
- Load Cartridges with a Click – The Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System uses convenient, drop-in labeling cartridges. This eliminates the need to feed labels into the printer and allows users to quickly switch between sizes and materials to perform complicated tasks quickly. The cartridge’s smart technology relays the critical information about its material, color, width or how many labels remain so users can print without even being near the printer.
- Print Responsibly – Leitz Icon Intelligent Label Cartridges are made out of sustainable materials – the largest component is made of recycled paper pulp – making them fully recyclable by dropping in a standard blue bin. This solution, in particular, exemplifies how a smart solution can create both technical and sustainable benefits for users.
- Printing Options – With speeds up to 200 labels per minute, the Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System is the fastest label printer on the market. The Leitz Icon printer will not sacrifice quality for speed printing high-quality text and images up to 300 x 600 dpi on white, yellow or red material stock. Users can print labels from .5 inches to 3 feet long using continuous material cartridges or print high-speed on die cut label cartridges. An automatic cutter allows users to create custom-sized labels and signage.
- The Continuous Difference – Users no longer have to change the cartridge to print different types of labels. With the 3.5” Continuous Leitz Intelligent Label Cartridge, the label system can print 8 standard labels and hundreds of unique and custom sizes.
- On The Go - At just 2 lbs., the Leitz Icon printer can easily be taken anywhere by adding the Leitz Icon Battery Pack (sold separately). Print up to 500 Labels or for four hours per charge with 8 hours of standby, the Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System is ready when you need it.
The Leitz Icon Smart Labeling System is compatible with Mac, Windows and iOS and available for purchase on Staples.com and Amazon.com.
Leitz is a world-leading premium office products brand, founded on a strong heritage of German quality and performance, where the “Lever Arch File” has iconic status. Today, the Leitz range of products has grown from the traditional to the technological including the award winning iLAM (Europe) laminator and Leitz Mobile professional accessories for mobile devices all with the Leitz touch and quality.
Known throughout the industry as an innovator, Leitz is leading the move into the future of work.
Founded in 1913, The Esselte Group has its origins in office products with a long tradition of developing innovative solutions to simplify and help organize the modern worker. The company sells products and services in 144 countries around the world; with subsidiaries in 29 countries. The Group also owns a strong portfolio of international and local brands including its principal brands Leitz, Rapid, Esselte and Xyron.