DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsj834/gene_expression) has announced the addition of the "Global Gene Expression Market Technology, Consumables, Services & Applications Report 2014-2019" report to their offering.
Gene expression analysis has emerged as a major advancement in the fields of drug discovery, diagnostics, and biomedical research. Since the completion of the Human Genome Project in 2003, numerous methods are being developed to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of gene expression profiling and sequencing. it is an important process, as it enables researchers to decipher the functions of genes. By sequencing genes, researchers can determine how diseases affect a cell. Genome-wide analysis can be used to accurately classify diseases. This has led to its increased use in various applications such as pharmacogenomics, diagnostics, toxicogenomics, and biomarkers.
The global market was valued at $2.6 billion in 2013 and is expected to reach $4.3 billion by 2018, at a CAGR of 10.4%. Increasing number of cancer patients, growth in the number of funding activities, technological advancements, and increased interest in gene expression for research and discovery are the major factors driving the growth of this market. Moreover, various government bodies have extended their help in the form of investments, funds, and grants, which has further stimulated the growth of the market.
Life Technologies (U.S.), QIAGEN N.V. (Netherlands), Illumina, Inc. (U.S.), Roche Diagnostics (Switzerland), Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. (U.S.), Agilent Technologies (U.S.), Affymetrix, Inc. (U.S.), GE Healthcare (U.K.), Thermo Fisher Scientific (U.S.), PerkinElmer, Inc. (U.S.), Luminex Corporation (U.S.), and Oxford Gene Technology, Inc. (U.K.) are some of the prominent players in the global market.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Market Overview
- Increasing Number Of Cancer Patients Globally
- Increase In Investments, Funds, And Grants By Government Bodies Worldwide
- Technological Advancements
- Small Rnas Gaining Momentum
- Gene Expression Databases To Aid Cancer Research
- Use Of Microarray Technology To Aid Gene Expression Studies
- Use Of Sbs Technology To Aid More Detailed Cancer Studies
- High Cost Of Instruments
- Dearth Of Technical Expertise
- Rising Opportunities In Emerging Nations
- Growth In Personalized Medicine (Gene Therapy)
- Sequencing Platforms
- Gene Expression Application Market Analysis
4 Gene Expression Analysis Market, By Segment
5 Gene Expression Analysis Instrumentation Market, By Technology
- DNA Microarrays
- Real-Time Polymerase Chain Reaction (Rt-Pcr)
- Next Generation Sequencing
- Serial Analysis Of Gene Expression (Sage)
- Northern Blotting
6 Gene Expression Analysis Consumables Market, By Product
- DNA Chips
7 Gene Expression Analysis Services Market, By Product
- Gene Expression Profiling Services
- Bioinfomatics Solutions
- Data Analysis Software
8 Gene Expression Analysis Market, By Application
- Drug Discovery
- Academic Research
9 Geographic Analysis
10 Competitive Landscape
11 Company Profiles
- Affymetrix, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Ge Healthcare (Subsidiary Of General Electric Company)
- Illumina, Inc.
- Life Technologies
- Luminex Corporation
- Oxford Gene Technology, Inc.
- Perkinelmer, Inc.
- Qiagen N.V.
- Roche Diagnostics Corporation
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/fsj834/gene_expression