NORWALK, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today TMC announced the agenda for its Fitness & Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, held July 22, 2014, at The Javits Center in New York City. Collocated with the Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III, the FAST Expo will share insight and expertise on the growing market of wearable, mobile and data technologies for the fitness and sports industries.
“The Wearable Tech industry is rapidly evolving, and these events provide attendees the opportunity to create new business relationships, share innovative ideas and catch a glimpse into how wearable technology is changing lives on both the professional and personal level,” said Rich Tehrani, TMC CEO and conference chairman. “The FAST agenda is filled with the information key industry players need to enter this market successfully and deliver innovations to improve fitness and performance.”
The FAST Expo’s programming includes sessions covering a variety of topics, including real-time player performance tracking, fitness safety and how to leverage the data stored in wearable technology. Current sessions include:
- Training the Data: From Gym to Screen - This session will take a look at sensor development, what types of data these sensors are able to collect and deliver to applications and how that data becomes actionable information to create wearable systems for safety, training and personal fitness and wellness.
- The New Home Field Advantage Part I (The Player) - While many organizations are starting to use wearable tech to improve team results, individual athletes are also looking at biometric data to fine-tune their own workouts and increase their own performance. This session looks at how today’s top athletes are able to differentiate themselves by combining technology with their natural physical ability.
- The New Home Field Advantage Part 2 (The Team) - This session discusses the specific data available to coaches and trainers, how they can leverage that information to create on-field, team-level advantages and how they have fine-tuned training to maximize data collection.
- Everyday Health - This session will look at the current personal wellness market and opportunities for new products and features to further drive health consciousness among consumers. The discussion will include opportunities for health clubs, schools and other organizations to leverage wearables and data to raise awareness of personal fitness.
- Making Wearables Fit - This session will discuss various factors involved in FAST product design, from comfort to style, including differences in sensor effectiveness among different wearable product and material types.
Fitness & Sports Wearable Technology Expo II is supported by Gold Sponsor Chetu.
Registration is now open for FAST Expo and Wearable Tech Expo. For more information please contact Frank Coppola at 203-852-6800 x131. For media inquiries, contact Ashley Baster. Companies interested in exhibiting, sponsorship or advertising packages for FAST Expo and/or Wearable Tech Expo should contact TMC's Dave Rodriguez at 203-852-6800 x146.
TMC is a global, integrated media company that supports clients' goals by building communities in print, online, and face to face. TMC publishes multiple magazines including Cloud Computing, M2M Evolution, Customer, and Internet Telephony. TMCnet is the leading source of news and articles for the communications and technology industries, and is read by as many as 1.5 million unique visitors monthly. TMC produces a variety of trade events, including ITEXPO, the world's leading business technology event, as well as industry events: Asterisk World; AstriCon; ChannelVision (CVx) Expo; Customer Experience (CX) Hot Trends Symposium; DevCon5 - HTML5 & Mobile App Developer Conference; LatinComm Conference and Expo; M2M Evolution Conference & Expo; SmartVoice Conference; Software Telco Congress; Super Wi-Fi Summit - The Global Spectrum Sharing and TV White Space Event; SIP Trunking, Unified Communications & WebRTC Seminars; Wearable Tech Conference & Expo III; Fitness and Sports Wearable Technology (FAST) Expo II, WebRTC Conference & Expo IV; and more. Visit TMC Events for additional information.