DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hpr3gt/cytotoxic_drug) has announced the addition of the "Cytotoxic Drug Delivery" report to their offering.
The administration of drugs deemed hazardous to humans has been receiving increasing amounts of scrutiny in recent years as the dangers of these substances become more clearly understood. For caregivers and their patients, the therapeutic area that is at the forefront of attempts to mitigate exposure to cytotoxic drugs is clinical oncology, a field that - in spite of promising new drugs based on therapeutic antibodies - continues to rely heavily on antineoplastics, a class that includes alkylating agents and antimetabolites, to treat a wide range of cancers. Regulatory and industry efforts to create standards and procedures designed to protect workers and patients from accidental and incidental exposure to cytotoxics are being driven by data that suggests a causal link between exposure and health issues.
- What are the key segments and addressable markets that comprise the market for cytotoxic drug delivery?
- What are the major therapeutic demand drivers for cytotoxic drug therapeutics?
- What are the design factors and technologies that are being used in commercial and development-stage closed drug transfer systems?
- What is the market share and product position in the market and what will it look like in 2018?
- Who are the companies behind the current generation of cytotoxic transfer solutions and what are their business models?
- What is the role of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships in the commercialization and market access of new and emerging closed drug transfer systems?
- What is the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors?
Key Topics Covered:
1. The Executive Summary
- Therapeutic Trends and Issues
- The Administration of injectable/Infusable Antineoplastics
- Drug Packaging and Administration Technology
- Closed Drug Transfer - Driving Forces
- Competitive Landscape
- Risk Factors
2. Cytotoxic Drug Transfer Systems - The Current Generation
- Key System Design Elements
- Human Engineering/Ergonomics
- Material Selection Issues
- Drug Reconstitution and Dilution
- Oncology Therapeutics Medication Safety
- Oncology Drug Administration and Dosing
- Drug-Specific Dosing Modification and Individualized Dosing
3. Closed Drug Transfer Commercial Device Assessments & Market Data
- FDA Approved Products
- Commercialized Non-FDA Approved Products
- Closed Drug Transfer Component Suppliers
4. Market Factors
- Regulatory Issues
- Caregiver Compliance
- Level of Complexity and Ease of Use
- Healthcare Economics
- Business Models and Strategies
5. Market Assessments and Forecasts
- North America
- Other Geographic Markets
6. Company Profiles
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/hpr3gt/cytotoxic_drug