The 2014 event kicks off with the widely acclaimed “Partnering Bootcamp: How to partner with global pharma,” a special half-day global partnering bootcamp designed for entrepreneurs and executives in China to take their life science business global with strategic advice and practical tips on financing, in-licensing and acquiring IP, and developing cross-border partnerships. The hands-on workshop is a must-attend for both new and experienced entrepreneurs or executives.
Over 800 executives from international pharma, biotech, investors and service providers, along with China-based developers of novel technologies, are expected to attend the main two-day partnering conference. Industry experts are also featured on program panels discussing industry topics ranging from the changing roles of Western pharma in China, and effective strategies for cross-border drug approval, to VC funding in China and an in-depth review of recent top deals.
“Our goal is to fund innovation, and to find partners who can act as conduits to China-based companies,” said Nisa Leung, MBA, Managing Partner at Qiming Venture Partners, and a panelist at ChinaBio® Partnering Forum. “This event is an important part of our business strategy in that we get an overview of the opportunities available and meet in real time with decision makers.”
Steve Yang, PhD, Executive VP and Chief Operating Officer at WuXi AppTec, said “We strive to build an open-access platform with fully integrated technology and R&D service capabilities and capacities to help our customers to discover and develop life-saving medicines and products for patients. My colleagues and I are eager to partner with pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical device companies and enable them to pursue their global ambitions and China opportunities.” Yang will also be featured in a special program offering at the event on May 8 titled “Executive interview: A returnee's perspective.”
The ChinaBio® Partnering Forum is recognized by life science insiders as the largest and most productive partnering event for established biotech and early stage companies to meet and collaborate with China-based corporate partners, including venture capitalists and business development executives from big pharma companies.
Partnering is hosted by partneringONE®, EBD Group’s sophisticated, web-based partnering system that enables event delegates to efficiently identify, meet and start partnerships with companies across the life science value chain, from large biotech and pharma companies to financiers and innovative start-ups.
Additional links and information:
Follow ChinaBio® Partnering Forum 2014 on Twitter: @EBDGroup (hashtag: #CBPF14).
Or join the Life Science Partnering group on partnering360® to kick off your partnering activities before ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, and throughout the year. partnering360 is a dynamic network of life science industry experts that will enable you to continue the dialogue from your partneringONE meetings at events and identify and connect with new partners anytime, year-round. Join the vibrant community of life science companies on partnering360 today.
About ChinaBio ® LLC:
ChinaBio® LLC is a consulting and advisory firm focused exclusively on China’s life science industry. Based in Shanghai, ChinaBio works with western companies to help them achieve success in China through partnerships. ChinaBio has identified over 400 licensing and acquisition opportunities in China and helped companies raise over $500 million in funding.
- Consulting: ChinaBio works with western life science companies to implement a successful China strategy and launch their businesses and products in China.
- Advisory: ChinaBio helps western companies secure partnerships and acquisitions and access private and government funding in China.
- Conferences: ChinaBio has organized over 30 life science investment and partnering conferences in China, bringing together companies from around the world.
- Publishing: ChinaBio® Today is the most widely read newsletter on China's life science industry, with over 18,000 readers.
More information is available at www.chinabiollc.com
About EBD Group
EBD Group is the leading partnering firm for the global life science industry. Since 1993, biotech, pharma and medical device companies have leveraged EBD Group’s partnering conferences, technology and services to identify business opportunities and develop strategic relationships essential to their success.
EBD Group’s conferences are run with the support of leading corporations and international trade associations and include:
- BIO-Europe® and BIO-Europe Spring®, Europe’s largest life science partnering conferences, supported by the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO)
- BioPharm America™, the fastest growing partnering event in North America
- Biotech Showcase™, a unique forum in San Francisco for presenting to investors and business development executives, co-produced with Demy-Colton Life Science Advisors
- BioEquity Europe, the investor conference co-organized with BioCentury Publications and BIO
- ChinaBio® Partnering Forum, the first dedicated biotech/pharma partnering conference in China, co-produced with ChinaBio® LLC
- EuroMedtech™, EBD Group’s partnering event for the innovative medical technology industry
- The Global Impact Forum™, a unique and innovative partnering conference in impact investing and venture philanthropy.
EBD Group’s sophisticated web-based partnering service, partneringONE®, is used as the partnering engine at numerous third-party events around the world, and partnering360® is the open online community of life science dealmakers that enhances partnering experiences throughout the year.
EBD Group is an Informa company. Informa is the largest publicly-owned organizer of exhibitions, conferences and training in the world.
EBD Group has offices in the USA and Europe.
For more information please visit www.ebdgroup.com.