DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t2wb8n/travel_and) has announced the addition of the "Travel and Tourism in Australia to 2018" report to their offering.
Under its Tourism 2020 plan, the Australian government considers tourism to be a priority sector. It intends to provide support to key competitors via the state and territory governments to increase the total overnight expenditure to AUD140 billion (US$147 billion) by 2020.
The main components of Tourism 2020 are to expand tourist inflows and expenditure from key Asian markets, build digital capabilities, encourage investment by implementing regulatory reforms and to increase the sector's labor supply. Economic growth will help support government efforts to strengthen the sector. Australia's economy grew at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.0% in 2013, the fastest rate of growth since 2007.
Despite a host of challenges, including the appreciation of the Australian dollar and the rising popularity and increasing accessibility of new destinations, the nation's total international arrivals increased by 5.1% in 2013 to reach 6.15 million tourists.
- It details historical values for the Australian tourism sector for 2009-2013, along with forecast figures for 2014-2018
- It provides comprehensive analysis of travel and tourism demand factors, with values for both the 2009-2013 review period and the 2014-2018 forecast period
- The report provides a detailed analysis and forecast of domestic, inbound and outbound tourist flows in Australia.
- It provides comprehensive analysis of the trends in the airline, hotel, car rental and travel intermediaries industries, with values for both the 2009-2013 review period and the 2014-2018 forecast period.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Travel and Tourism Sector In Context
3 Country Fact Sheet
4 Tourism Flows
7 Car Rental
8 Travel Intermediaries
9 Tourism Board Profile
10 Airport Profiles
11 Company Profiles - Airlines
12 Company Profiles - Hotels
13 Company Profiles - Car Rental
14 Company Profiles - Travel Intermediaries
15 Market Data
- Accor Hotels Australia
- Alpha Car Hire Pty Ltd
- Avis Australia
- Best Western Australasia
- Budget Rent a Car Australia Pty Ltd
- Choice Hotels Australasia Pty Ltd
- Flight Centre Ltd
- Hertz Australia Pty Ltd
- InterContinental Hotels and Resorts Australia
- Jetstar Airways Pty Ltd
- Mantra Group
- Qantas Airways Ltd
- Qantas Holidays Ltd
- Redspot Sixt Rent a Car
- STA Travel Pty Ltd
- Singapore Airlines Australia
- Stella Travel Services (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Tiger Airways Australia Pty Ltd
- Virgin Australia Holdings Ltd
- travel.com.au Ltd
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t2wb8n/travel_and