DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28gxxl/pharmapoint) has announced the addition of the "PharmaPoint: Migraine - 5EU Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2023" report to their offering.
The migraine market is saturated with generic drugs, and the remaining branded products already on the market are expected to lose exclusivity during the next few years, with the exception of Botox for chronic migraine, which is expected to maintain its leading position in terms of sales. However, reformulations of mature products as well as new classes of therapies are anticipated to launch during the forecast period and these will contribute to the market growth. By 2023, the migraine market will grow to $3.7 billion at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.6%, with the US continuing to dominate the market as a result of higher drug prices and a large migraine population. Some of the new treatments are expected to target the key unmet needs but opportunities will remain for further treatment choices especially drugs that will offer an improved safety and side-effects profile.
Each of the countries included in this report provide guidelines for the treatment of migraine. According to Our high-prescriber survey, the US, UK and Japan strongly adhere to their own national guidelines; however, the majority of the physicians from other EU countries (France, Germany, Italy and Spain) follow European guidelines such as the European Headache Federation (EHF) and European Federation of Neurological Societies (EFNS) guidelines.
- Overview of Migraine including epidemiology, etiology, symptoms, diagnosis, pathology and treatment guidelines as well as an overview on the competitive landscape.
- Detailed information on the key drugs in 5EU including product description, safety and efficacy profiles as well as a SWOT analysis.
- Sales forecast for the top drugs in 5EU (the UK, France, Italy, Spain, Germany) from 2012-2023.
- Analysis of the impact of key events as well the drivers and restraints affecting the US Migraine market.
Product Profiles - Major Brands
- Imitrex (sumatriptan)
- Zomig (zolmitriptan)
- Amerge (naratriptan)
- Maxalt (rizatriptan)
- Axert (almotriptan)
- Frova (frovatriptan)
- Relpax (eletriptan)
- Ergot Alkaloids
- Beta Blockers
- Calcium Channel Antagonists
- Botox (onabotulinum toxin A)
- Tables & Figures
- Disease Overview
- Disease Management
- Competitive Assessment
- Opportunity and Unmet Need
- Pipeline Assessment
- Market Outlook
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/28gxxl/pharmapoint