LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--250 business leaders gathered at the Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills last night to hear the winners announced of the fifth annual BritWeek UKTI Business Innovation Awards, presented by Virgin Atlantic. The 2014 winners are:
- HEADSPACE (Social Impact) – a digital health platform on a mission to improve the health and happiness of the world.
- Industrial Light & Magic (Technology) – serves the motion picture, commercial production and themed attraction industries. Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, it is the leading effects facility in the world, with offices in San Francisco, Singapore, Vancouver and London.
- Innovate Product Design (Business Services) – specializes in helping individuals to take their new product ideas to market, providing low cost patent protection, design, prototype and marketing know-how all in-house.
- Alexander Purcell Rodrigues (tied for Design) an award-winning, LA-based interdisciplinary design studio, driven by the diverse creative background and talents of its founder, who studied at Cambridge University in the UK and Art Center College of Design in Pasadena.
- Cubic Transportation Systems (tied for Design) - a leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions.
In addition, BritWeek Chairman Bob Peirce presented world-renowned British DJ and music producer, Paul Oakenfold, with the 2014 Creative Fusion Award.
“This was our strongest ever field of nominations,” said BritWeek Chairman Bob Peirce. “California and the UK continue to amaze with the pace and range of innovation, and every finalist was well deserving of an award. I congratulate them all and especially our five 2014 winners. It has been a great pleasure and privilege to have Paul Oakenfold as our special honoree – an icon of innovation if ever there was one.”
Andy Bird, Disney International Chairman, provided the keynote speech, celebrating highlighting the important of creativity and innovation in the business world.
Other finalists included: Lynda.com and PixelMags (Business Services), Focusrite & Novation (Design), Deltex and Starlight Children’s Foundation (Social Impact), Vyclone and DTS (Technology).
Sponsors included: Virgin Atlantic, The Four Seasons Los Angeles at Beverly Hills, AFEX, The Edwardian Group, Radisson Blu, & May Fair London, Joanna Garzilli, and The Macallan & Highland Park.
BritWeek continues until May 4th with a rich program of events including music, art, theatre, architecture and more!
BritWeek is a non–profit organization that hosts a program of events every Spring to promote British creativity, innovation and excellence across multiple categories including, film & television, music, art, fashion, design, retail, sport, philanthropy, business, and more. The events take place throughout Greater Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, and now also Miami! For more information visit www.britweek.org
About UK Trade & Investment (UKTI)
UK Trade & Investment is the Government Department that helps UK-based companies succeed in the global economy and overseas companies bring their high-quality investment to the UK’s dynamic economy – acknowledged as Europe’s best place from which to succeed in global business. For more information please visit www.ukti.gov.uk.