WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global alternative asset manager The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) today released its 2014 Annual Review and Corporate Citizenship Report. The 54-page document outlines the Carlyle Edge – how the firm works to create value – and the firm’s range of corporate citizenship activities. Readers can explore the Annual Review on Carlyle.com.
The Carlyle Edge:
- Global Reach – Carlyle has one of the broadest reach of any global alternative asset manager with 34 offices in 21 countries on six continents, including a presence in nine emerging markets. The One Carlyle culture of collaboration uses Carlyle’s global network to identify opportunities for creating value in portfolio companies.
- Deep Industry Expertise – Valuing depth over breadth and investing in sectors we know well is central to Carlyle’s ability to invest wisely and create value. The firm’s investment professionals supplement their local knowledge and relationships with deep expertise in 11 core industries.
- Proprietary Economic Data – Carlyle’s global portfolio of more than 200 companies and 300 real estate investments generates real-time, actionable data. Economic and statistical analysis of this proprietary data allows Carlyle’s investment professionals to make better-informed operational and exit decisions.
- Impact – Carlyle’s 26 Operating Executives, with an average of more than 40 years of experience, draw on their sector insights to help Carlyle investment professionals create value throughout the investment cycle.
Corporate Citizenship Review:
- In 2013, Carlyle appointed a Chief Sustainability Officer – Jackie Roberts – and created new Environmental Social & Governance (ESG) programs, including a sustainability framework for U.S. real estate, and continued to use EcoValuScreen and other tools to identify sustainability opportunities.
- Responsible Investing – The Review includes updates on portfolio companies’ use of Carlyle’s responsible investment guidelines.
- Environmental Stewardship – The Review showcases efforts by portfolio companies to protect the environment through improved travel practices, energy use and environmental conservation, as well as Carlyle’s reduced environmental footprint by consolidating IT infrastructure and making Carlyle’s offices greener.
- Governance – The Review outlines how Carlyle works with portfolio companies to help strengthen corporate governance consistent with international best practices.
- One Community – The Review shows how Carlyle supports its employees and invests in local communities through workplace diversity, volunteer and wealth sharing programs.
About The Carlyle Group
The Carlyle Group (NASDAQ:CG) is a global alternative asset manager with approximately $189 billion of assets under management across 118 funds and 106 fund of funds vehicles as of December 31, 2013. Carlyle’s purpose is to invest wisely and create value on behalf of its investors, many of whom are public pensions. Carlyle invests across four segments – Corporate Private Equity, Real Assets, Global Market Strategies and Solutions – in Africa, Asia, Australia, Europe, the Middle East, North America and South America. Carlyle has expertise in various industries, including: aerospace, defense & government services, consumer & retail, energy, financial services, healthcare, industrial, real estate, technology & business services, telecommunications & media and transportation. The Carlyle Group employs more than 1,500 people in 34 offices across six continents.