NEWTOWN SQUARE, Pa. & DUBAI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--There is an urgent demand for project managers with technical project management, business management, and leadership skills in the EMEA region, where, according to PMI’s Industry Growth Forecast: Project Management Between 2010-2020, there will be nearly 3 million new project management jobs with no one available to fill them. At the upcoming PMI® Global Congress 2014—EMEA, project managers will hone the multi-faceted, inter-disciplinary project skills needed to fill these roles and help their organizations succeed in an increasingly challenging, complex marketplace, learning amid the vibrant backdrop of Dubai, host city for Expo 2020, and directly from the experts who are responsible for project implementations that total an estimated US$6.5 billion (£4 billion, €4.8 billion).
PMI Global Congress 2014—EMEA, scheduled from 5 - 7 May in Dubai UAE, is the region’s premier project management educational and networking event. This year’s Congress will feature a unique opening session focused on the extensive planning and preparations for World Expo 2020. This session will be the first of more than 60 learning opportunities across 17 content areas that are available to attendees during the three-day Congress.
Dubai presents an ideal setting for PMI’s Global Congress, which offers highly specialized skills development, knowledge sharing, and professional networking opportunities for project practitioners from around the world. A large-scale model of Dubai World Central, a master-planned aerotropolis centered around Al Maktoum International Airport and future site of Expo 2020, will be on display exclusively during Congress to illustrate the many different industries and levels of project, program and portfolio management that will be involved in the impressive investment in this new area of an already extraordinary city.
In addition to the daily focus sessions, PMI Global Congress 2014—EMEA will also feature:
- Address by Mark A. Langley, President and CEO of Project Management Institute
- Networking reception: “Iconic Dubai: A Cosmopolitan City”
- “Building Your Network, One Person at a Time,” sponsored booths in the Exhibition Hall.
- His Excellency Mattar Mohammed Al Tayer, Chairman of Dubai Roads and Transit Authority, presenting an overview of the bidding process for Expo 2020
- His Excellency Khalifa Al Zaffin, Executive Chairman of Dubai Aviation City Corporation, presenting details about the plans/projects attached to airport expansion and growth opportunities related to Expo 2020
Other scheduled speakers include:
- His Excellency Dr. Nasser Saidi, providing an analysis of the social impact and risks associated with a project having the scope and complexity of Expo 2020
- James Burke, science and technology historian, futurist and author, presenting “Staying Ahead: Innovation for the Day after Tomorrow”
- Jon Duschinsky, co-founder of The Conversation Farm who was recently voted the world's second most influential communicator in social innovation, presenting “Changing Your Words, Changing Your World”
- Senior Formula One racing executive Mark Gallagher presenting “Formula One: Delivering Success in the Fast Lane”
About PMI® Global Congress
PMI’s Global Congress is the place where project management meets, providing a forum in which practitioners and professionals can network, further their skills and learn how their projects fit within the context of world and economic affairs. The PMI Global Congress 2014—EMEA will be held from 5 – 7 May at the Dubai World Trade Centre in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. To register, visit http://congresses.pmi.org/EMEA2014/Registration/. Start networking early on LinkedIn by joining PMI Global Congress—EMEA and on Twitter @PMIcongress or #PMIcongress.
About Project Management Institute (PMI)
Project Management Institute is the world's leading not-for-profit
professional membership association for the project, program and
portfolio management profession. Founded in 1969, PMI delivers value for
more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in
the world through global advocacy, collaboration, education and
research. PMI advances careers, improves organizational success and
further matures the profession of project management through its
globally recognized standards, certifications, resources, tools academic
research, publications, professional development courses, and networking
opportunities. As part of the PMI family, Human Systems International
(HSI) provides organizational assessment and benchmarking services to
leading businesses and government, while ProjectManagement.com and
ProjectsAtWork.com create online global communities that deliver more
resources, better tools, larger networks and broader perspectives.
Visit us at www.PMI.org, www.facebook.com/PMInstitute and on Twitter @PMInstitute.