ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Court of First Instance in Hammersmith, London has ordered the detaining of the suspects in the case arrested in connection with the hammer attack on three Emirati sisters at a London hotel last week and referred them to trial before the criminal court on Thursday.
A delegation from Abu Dhabi Police, sent to London to provide assistance to the British Police, attended the summary trial of the suspects.
“HH Lt. General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Interior, has dispatched a team from Abu Dhabi Police, which provided psychological support to the victims, and ordered coordination with the British police on arresting the suspects and bringing them to justice as soon as possible," said UAE Ambassador to the UK, Abdul Rehman Ghanem Al Mutaiwei.
"As part of the attention the wise leadership gives to nationals both in the UAE and overseas, the embassy has promptly moved to action on orders from HH Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Foreign Minister, to provide all it takes to the family and its members who are in the British capital, to help them and provide a safe residence for them in London until the investigation into the case is over," the UAE Embassy in London said in its statement.
The main suspect, Philip Spence, 32, was charged with three counts of attempted murder and one count of aggravated burglary, while the other suspects were charged with the possession of stolen goods with intent to sell them.
The three Emirati sisters were visiting London, when they were attacked by an assailant with a hammer in their room at the Cumberland Hotel in the early hours of last Sunday. While all sustained head and facial injuries, one victim has lost 95 percent of her brain function and the use of her left eye.
For more information about:
The Ministry of Interior, please click HERE
Abu Dhabi Police, please click HERE
*Source: ME NewsWire