DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/56wg3x/globalization_of) has announced the addition of the "Globalization of PPE Distributors - Is it the Next Step?" report to their offering.
This Market Insight provides a qualitative analysis of the opportunities for e-commerce in the global personal protective equipment market. An overview of the PPE industry, demand and distribution structure has been provided. Topics also include distribution trends, purchasing trends, selection criteria and the status of e-commerce in the various PPE product segments. This Market Insight also offers strategic recommendations for market participants. The base year for this research service is 2012.
Global Personal Protective Equipment Industry Snapshot
- PPE consumption is dependent on the employment in the region.
- Emerging markets have become more attractive to PPE suppliers because of their increased investments in manufacturing and infrastructure activities.
- Rapid population growth, strong economic development, and improving health and safety regulation are forcing suppliers to look at emerging markets in a whole new way.
- The US and Europe account for more than half of the global market in personal protective equipment.
- Growth in the Asian region will be driven by manufacturing and infrastructure projects underway in the Middle East, India, China, and Vietnam.
- In addition to being the world's most populous countries, India and China also have a large industrial workforce that is unprotected from occupational hazards. These countries
- therefore offer potential for future growth.
- Potential markets exist in Africa, low-income countries in the Americas, the Eastern Mediterranean, and Southeast Asia.
- Distributors play a very important role in the personal protective equipment (PPE) industry. PPE manufacturers have traditionally relied on distributors to get their products to end users.
- With the evolving nature of trade and the consolidation and globalization of PPE manufacturers as well as end users, distributors find themselves impacted by decisions that force them to look beyond their traditional boundaries. Thus, distributors are faced with the decision to globalize in order to survive and sustain their business.
- Strategies to globalize include forming alliances or partnerships with suppliers overseas, setting up operations in other countries in order to enter new markets or acquiring other companies either to expand products and services offerings or to expand its geographic presence.
- To be truly customer-driven, suppliers need to adjust their businesses to meet the needs of the customer, which in today's marketplace means local service, local inventory and technical sales people.
- Global suppliers are able to source and supply PPE equipment regionally with shorter lead-times and faster delivery.
- Although globalization of distribution networks may carry unforeseen risks and its success is not always assured, the risks of not getting involved may be even greater.
Key Topics Covered:
- Executive Summary
- Overview of PPE distribution
- Global Trends Shaping PPE Distribution Channels
- Globalization of the Distributor
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/56wg3x/globalization_of