DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d96d22/critical_care) has announced the addition of the "Critical Care Market to 2019 - Growth from Factor Concentrates New Indications and Increasing Demand for Albumin in Asia-Pacific" report to their offering.
The overall critical care therapeutics market was worth $2.3 billion in 2012, having grown in size at a CAGR of 11% from $1.2 billion in 2006. The market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 5% to reach $3.2 billion in 2019. The double-digit market growth registered between 2006 and 2012 can be attributed primarily to the increased demand for and cost of albumin, as well as the approval and launch of new products.
The report analyzes the markets for factor XIII concentrates, fibrinogen concentrates, albumins, antithrombins and prothrombin complex concentrates in the US, the top five countries of Europe (the UK, Germany, France, Italy and Spain), and Japan. The report does also provide an overview on Asia-Pacific countries, including China, India and Australia.
The report provides an overview of major marketed products in critical care market along with treatment usage patterns, average annual cost of therapy and market forecast to 2019 for key geographical markets, as well as for leading therapeutic segments. The report also provides information on the Research and Development (R&D) product pipeline and explores the competitive landscape, including the provision of profiles for major players in the critical care market. Finally, the report includes analysis of Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) activity in the critical care market.
The growth of the overall critical care market during the forecast period is expected to be largely due to an increasing preference in the market for factor concentrates such as Riastap, Corifact, rFXIII (which has been launched in the EU and is expected to be launched in the US later this year), the expanded indication for Antithrombin (AT) III and factor concentrates, and rising demand for albumin from countries in the Asia-Pacific region. Stagnant innovations, a low prevalence rate and the consequent limited availability of patients are some of the factors impeding the growth of the critical care market.
Key Topics Covered:
- Tables & Figures
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Global Overview
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Geographical Landscape
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Albumin Market
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Antithrombin Concentrate Market
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Fibrinogen Concentrate Market
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Prothrombin Complex Concentrate Market
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Factor XIII Concentrate Market
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Research and Development Product Pipeline
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Competitive Landscape
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Strategic Consolidation
- Critical Care Market to 2019 - Appendix
- Baxter International Incorporated
- Bio Products Laboratory Limited
- China Biologic Products, Incorporated
- CSL Limited
- Grifols, SA
- Hualan Biological Engineering, Incorporated
- Kedrion SpA
- aboratoire Français de Fractionnement et de Biotechnologies
- Octapharma AG
- Sanquin Blood Supply Foundation
- Shanghai RAAS Blood Products Company, Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d96d22/critical_care