NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Set for Thurs., Sept. 18, 2014, at Nashville’s Music City Center, the INVEST Tennessee Equity Conference will connect Tennessee-based public company executives with money managers, analysts and institutional investors, as both explore future growth opportunities.
The INVEST Tennessee Equity Conference debuted in 2010 and has featured some of Tennessee’s biggest corporate names, including FedEx Corporation, AutoZone, Tractor Supply and International Paper.
The biennial, day-long conference will once again provide professional investors and analysts the opportunity to learn about the performance and growth plans of Tennessee public companies representing a variety of industry sectors, market capitalizations and trading characteristics.
Throughout the event, company executives deliver formal investor presentations and meet individually with representatives of pension funds, family wealth management offices, mutual funds, and others who are involved in equity selection and purchase.
INVEST Tennessee is held in partnership with Tennessee professional groups whose members analyze stocks and manage investments or are involved in corporate finance.
In addition to Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) Society chapters in Nashville, Memphis and East Tennessee, the Nashville and Memphis chapters of Financial Executives International (FEI) are also organizing sponsors. FEI represents the interests of chief financial officers, controllers and senior finance executives.
“It’s a smorgasbord of investment opportunities,” said Terry McWilliams, chairman of the Tennessee event and INVEST conferences in Ohio, Indiana, Pennsylvania and Kentucky. “Whether through presentations or meetings, investors can learn what makes these companies compelling investments.”
“The conference is a great opportunity to tell our story to the Tennessee investment community and others in the region who want to know more about us,” said Randy Guiler, vice president of investor relations of Nashville-based Tractor Supply, which has participated in all three INVEST Tennessee conferences.
Co-chairs for the event are John Thurman, senior vice president of PNC Bank in Tennessee; and Dwayne Dillard, Nashville audit partner of the accounting and consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP. Both have been involved with the conference since its inception in 2010.
“I can’t think of a better conference that provides information about Tennessee public companies,” said PNC’s Thurman.
“This event demonstrates the diversity of public companies that contribute to the state’s strengths as a vibrant economic center and as a place to do business,” Dillard said.
Dillard and Thurman serve on a steering committee of Tennessee investment professionals and business leaders who help plan and stage the conference. In addition to McWilliams, Thurman and Dillard, members of the steering committee include:
- John Wilenski, CFA, President, CFA Society of Nashville; Troy Garner, CFA Society of Memphis; Ralph H. Lehman, CFA, CFA Society of East Tennessee.
- Bob Bolen, CFA, and Christian Heuer, CFA, Past Presidents, CFA Society of Nashville.
- Mark Myers, Financial Executives International, Nashville chapter
- Elisabeth Hessler, Marketing Executive, Crowe Horwath LLP.
- Doreen Langley, Senior Vice President, PNC Bank, Nashville.
- Jill Connor, Regional Vice President, Business Wire
- Randy Schwartz, Branch Manager, Creative Financial Staffing, Nashville
- Robert Dempsey, Partner, and Eve Hutcherson, Director of Business Development, Frost Brown and Todd LLC
- Roy Granato, Regional Manager, Curran & Connors, Inc.
- Mary Beth West, President, Mary Beth West Communications, LLC
- Dorothy Martin, CEO, Optimum Companies
As companies join the conference as presenters, they have a seat on the steering committee.
Analysts, institutional investors, wealth managers, portfolio managers and other professional investment representatives, including CFA members and candidates, may attend as conference guests and can reserve a spot early by emailing the conference (firstname.lastname@example.org) and requesting the required registration code. Registrants should include name, title and organization, email and telephone number. Business professionals may attend the conference for a nominal fee.
The event’s title underwriters include:
- Crowe Horwath LLP, one of the largest public accounting and consulting firms in the United States. With its deep industry expertise, Crowe provides audit services to public and private companies, while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services.
- PNC Bank, part of the PNC Financial Services Group, is one of the nation’s largest diversified financial services organizations. It provides retail and business banking; residential mortgage banking; specialized services for corporations and government entities, including corporate banking, real estate finance and asset-based lending; wealth management; asset management and global fund services.
For the latest information about the conference, sponsors, participating companies and attendance requirements, visit the website at www.invest-tn.com.
* * *
Contacts: Media and corporate participation: Terry McWilliams, chairman, INVEST TN, 615.290.5636 or email@example.com. Investment community: John Wilensky, president, CFA Society of Nashville, firstname.lastname@example.org; Underwriting sponsors: John Thurman, senior vice president, PNC Bank, email@example.com, 502-581-4969 and Dwayne Dillard, audit partner, Crowe Horwath LLP, 615.360.5582, firstname.lastname@example.org.