CINCINNATI--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fifth Third Bancorp (NASDAQ: FITB) has published its annual report on corporate social responsibility (CSR). It can be accessed as a website at www.53.com/csrreport and hard copies printed on recycled paper also are available in limited quantities.
The report, titled “Igniting Curiosity,” demonstrates the ways in which Fifth Third Bank strives to earn a reputation for being a good corporate citizen through the ways it serves five inter-related groups:
- Consumers: Fifth Third Bank is committed to improving lives. This is illustrated through its industry-first initiative to help customers find jobs and its many signature financial empowerment programs, including the Young Bankers Club, Dave Ramsey’s Foundations in Personal Finance and others.
- Communities: The Bank is collaborative in helping to create and sustain vibrant communities. Local teams allow Fifth Third to stay close to the issues facing its neighbors, helping to guide investments and activities. Efforts include Bank-wide support of U.S. military veterans and their families, the 5-3 Impact Initiative and philanthropic gifts through the Fifth Third Foundation.
- Businesses: As a commercial bank, Fifth Third actively supports businesses of all sizes with smart financial solutions. These products and services ultimately impact individual families and communities, as businesses fuel the economy and provide employment opportunities. For small businesses, the Bank has underwritten a new financial empowerment resource called SmallBizU. The Bank’s Stand Up to Cancer (SU2C) credit and debit cards also are featured in this section.
- Employees: Employees are the ambassadors and embodiment of Fifth Third Bank. The Company cares a great deal about how engaged its employees are in its Purpose and how employees work together to fulfill Fifth Third’s Vision. This section discusses the Bank’s work around engagement and inclusion – including its signature Project SEARCH campuses—as well as the positive impact employees have on communities through their volunteer efforts, especially a Bank-wide effort to fight hunger in May.
- Environment: The Bank continues to do its part to operate its business in a more environmentally sustainable way. Progress in 2013 included a reduction in energy consumption, achieving recognition from the U.S. Green Building Council under the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Program and as an Environmental Protection Agency Green Power Partner, and the expansion of its recycling program and outreach efforts.
Fifth Third Bancorp is a diversified financial services company headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio. The Company has $130 billion in assets and operates 17 affiliates with 1,320 full-service Banking Centers, including 104 Bank Mart® locations open seven days a week inside select grocery stores and 2,586 ATMs in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Florida, Tennessee, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Georgia and North Carolina. Fifth Third operates four main businesses: Commercial Banking, Branch Banking, Consumer Lending, and Investment Advisors. Fifth Third also has a 25% interest in Vantiv Holding, LLC. Fifth Third is among the largest money managers in the Midwest and, as of December 31, 2013, had $302 billion in assets under care, of which it managed $27 billion for individuals, corporations and not-for-profit organizations. Investor information and press releases can be viewed at www.53.com. Fifth Third’s common stock is traded on the NASDAQ® Global Select Market under the symbol “FITB.” Fifth Third Bank was established in 1858. Member FDIC.