DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k3bjvs/type_2_diabetes) has announced the addition of the "Global Type 2 Diabetes Therapeutics Market 2013-2019" report to their offering.
The value of the global market has the potential to grow to reach $38.8 billion by 2019.
There is currently a large number of blood glucose-lowering drugs in the crowded type 2 diabetes market indicated for the treatment of chronically high blood glucose. The market is led by Lantus, which achieved global sales amounting to $6.4 billion in 2012. Over the forecast period from 2012 to 2019, the safer, more efficacious newer classes of drug (GLP-1 agonists, DPP-4 Inhibitors and SGLT-2 inhibitors) are expected to capture substantial market shares, largely replacing older classes such as sulfonylureas and thiazolidinediones. Additionally, a variety of novel drugs belonging to these newer classes are due to enter the market, and are expected to offer a moderate improvement in terms of efficacy and safety. The price of these new therapies is expected to be high, but this is unlikely to hinder their uptake.
- A brief introduction to type 2 diabetes, including the symptoms, pathogenesis, risk factors and diagnosis
- In-depth analysis of major glucose-lowering drugs for type 2 diabetes, including analyses of their safety, efficacy, treatment patterns, strengths/weaknesses and overall commercial prospects. Includes a heat map comparing major drugs in terms of safety, efficacy and dosing parameters.
- Comprehensive review of the pipeline for type 2 diabetes therapies, including individual analysis of a number of late-stage pipeline drugs that are likely to enter the market in the forecast period. The pipeline is analyzed on the basis of phase distribution, molecule types and molecular targets.
- Additional in-depth analysis of pipeline drug clinical trials by phase, molecule type, trial size, trial duration and program failure rate analyses for each molecule type and mechanism of action
- Multi-scenario forecast data for the market up to 2019, taking into account how it will be affected by the introduction of new drugs, the expiry of key patents on current drugs, and changes in disease epidemiology across key developed markets including the US, Japan, Germany, the UK, France, Italy and Spain
- Discussion of the drivers and barriers for market growth
Key Topics Covered:
- Tables & Figures
- Key Marketed Products
- Pipeline for Type 2 Diabetes
- Market Forecast to 2019
- Deals and Strategic Consolidations
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Byetta And Bydureon
- Daiichi Sankyo
- Merck & Co
- Mitsubishi Tanabe
- Novo Nordisk
- Takeda Pharmaceuticals Limited
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/k3bjvs/type_2_diabetes