SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Intel Corporation today announced that 18 companies will receive the 2013 Intel Preferred Quality Supplier (PQS) award, which recognizes commitment to performance excellence and continuous improvement. These companies achieve PQS status by demonstrating industry-leading commitment across all critical focus areas on which they are measured: quality, cost, availability, technology, customer service, labor and ethics systems, and environmental sustainability.
In addition to the PQS award, Intel recognized one supplier with the Supplier Achievement Award, which is a focused recognition for extraordinary accomplishments in one or more key performance areas. This year’s winner was acknowledged for significant contributions to Intel’s success by delivering on challenging volume expectations and for demonstrating robust working hours management and extensive monitoring of its own global supply base. The 2013 PQS and Achievement winners will be honored at a ceremony tonight in Santa Clara, Calif.
“Every year, the world appears faster and more complex. It was especially true last year for supply chain as the market dynamics heightened the pressure on our agility, velocity, affordability and innovation,” said Jacklyn Sturm, vice president, Technology and Manufacturing Group and general manager of Global Sourcing and Procurement at Intel. “We could not be successful without the Intel’s Preferred Quality Supplier Award winners traveling with us, aligning their strategic capabilities and improvement plans to deliver exceptionally strong performance on all fronts, from technology innovations to corporate responsibility. Thank you for your exemplary commitment to your customers.”
“Intel is delighted to recognize our Preferred Quality Suppliers for their industry-leading performance in 2013 in the areas of technology, affordability, velocity and sustainability,” added Robert Bruck, vice president and general manager of Technology Manufacturing Engineering at Intel. “The close collaboration with these suppliers has been one of the crucial factors in enabling Intel to extend our industry-leading silicon, packaging and test technologies, and in enhancing value and responsiveness to our customers.”
The PQS award is part of Intel’s Supplier Continuous Quality Improvement (SCQI) program that encourages suppliers to innovate and continually improve. To qualify for PQS status, suppliers must exceed high expectations and uncompromising performance goals while scoring at least 80 percent on an integrated report card that assesses performance throughout the year. Suppliers must also achieve 80 percent or greater on a challenging continuous improvement plan and demonstrate solid quality and business systems. Additional information about the SCQI program is available at www.intel.com/go/quality.
The PQS winners provide Intel with the following products or services:
- Applied Materials*: wafer fab capital equipment, mask capital equipment, fab automation SW and services
- Amkor Technology Inc.*: wafer probe, wafer bump, assembly, final testing
- ASML*: semiconductor lithography equipment
- Daifuku Co. Ltd.*: automated transport and storage of WIP
- Dainippon Screen Mfg. Co. Ltd.*: wafer cleaning and anneal equipment and services for semiconductor manufacturing
- Fujifilm Electronic Materials*: formulated chemicals, developers, precursors, slurries and advanced photoresists
- Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc.*: deposition and thermal film manufacturing equipment
- KLA-Tencor Corporation*: process control capital equipment and services
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.*: chemicals for semiconductor device manufacturing
- Nikon Corporation*: semiconductor lithography systems for technology development and high-volume manufacturing
- Shin Etsu Handotai Co. Ltd.*: silicon wafers
- Siliconware Precision Industries Co. Ltd.*: semiconductor assembly and test services
- Siltronic AG*: polished and epitaxial silicon wafers
- Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.*: ceramic capacitors, inductors, filters
- Tokyo Electron Limited*: coater developers, dry etch, wet etch, thermal systems and test systems
- Tosoh Quartz Inc.*: quartzware for semiconductor wafer processing equipment
- Tosoh SMD Inc.*: sputtering targets for physical vapor deposition
- Veolia Environment*: waste management services
The Supplier Achievement Award winner is:
- ModusLink Global Solutions Inc.*: integration and supply chain services for Intel customer products
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world’s computing devices. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com.
Intel and the Intel logo are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.