DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h6b7hw/impact_of) has announced the addition of the "Impact of Urbanisation on the Electricity Sector" report to their offering.
This research service covers the ongoing developments in the Asia-Pacific electricity sector due to the impact of several mega trends the main one being urbanization. As cities emerge to be the largest consumers of goods and services, the strain on physical infrastructure is throwing up significant challenges to city planners.
To sustain the economic growth momentum in cities, supply of reliable and stable power is critical. The way electricity is produced, stored, managed, and applied is likely to undergo several challenges due to technological advancements, changing demand patterns, and consumers' awareness level.
As cities grow, they transition through separate phases of development, moving from an agricultural base to manufacturing and, finally, to services. Each successive phase of development is driven by, and helps drive, further urbanisation.
To effectively target markets, companies should develop strategies around selected city clusters, based on proximity, income, and purchasing behaviour. This allows for easier market expansion at lower incremental costs.
As cities grow and play a stronger role in their country's economies, policy and decision making will shift from central to more local controls as cities elect officials best able to ensure their needs are met.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive Summary
2. Mega Trend: Urbanisation - Market Overview
- Snapshot of Urbanisation Mega Trends
- Asia-Pacific Urban Population - Mega Cities by Country 2025
- Mega Regions in Asia-Pacific 2025
- Mega Corridors in Asia-Pacific 2025
3. Key Challenges: Impact of Urbanisation on the Electricity Sector
- Energy Security
- Balancing Electricity Demand-Supply Gap
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Network Congestion
- Changes in the Power Industry Structure
4. Macro-to-Micro Implications of Urbanisation: Technologies and Solutions in the Electricity Sector
- Changing Electricity Mix (Fuel Diversification)
- Application and Integration of Renewable Energy Systems
- Energy Efficiency Measures - Increased Traction of Combined Heat and Power
- Energy Storage Technologies
- Urban Waste to Energy Solutions - Rise of the -Prosumers-
5. Key Summary City Case Studies
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/h6b7hw/impact_of