DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/985nlq/backend_as_a) has announced the addition of the "Backend as a Service (Baas) Trends" report to their offering.
Backend as a Service (BaaS), also referred to as Mobile Backend as a Service (MBaaS), is a unique platform that enables mobile and web application developers to store their applications on a backend cloud infrastructure. Backend-as-a-Service (BaaS) is witnessing an increasing adoption due to its several benefits to developers such as low development costs and accelerated time-to-market.
The report analyzes and presents an overview of Backend as a Service (BaaS) market worldwide. The report in addition provides global market estimates and projections for Backend as a Service (BaaS) in US dollars for years 2012 through 2017. Supported with 2 market data tables, the report provides a review of market trends, competitive scenario, and the mergers and acquisitions involving key players including Facebook, Rackspace, Appcelerator, Flurry, and others witnessed by the industry over the last few years.
Key Topics Covered:
1. BACKEND AS A SERVICE (BAAS) - AN OVERVIEW
- Backend as a Service - Enabling Application Developers to Create Mobile Apps Faster
- Cloud Computing - An Introduction
- Classification of Cloud Services
- Backend as a Service (BaaS) - Overview and Benefits
2. MARKET TRENDS
- Backend as a Service Enjoys High Popularity
- Table 1: Global Backend as a Service (BaaS) Market (2012- 2017) in US$ Million
- BaaS Sector to Move towards Consolidation
- Competitive Scenario
- Table 2: BaaS Market Worldwide by Company (2012) - Percentage Share Breakdown by Value Sales for Parse, Sencha, mobDB, Buddy, CloudMine, Appcelerator, StackMob, Flurry, and Others
3. RECENT INDUSTRY ACTIVITY
- Facebook Takes Over Parse
- MuleSoft and StackMob Enter into Partnership
- Rackspace Acquires ObjectRocket
- Appcelerator Takes Over Cocoafish
- CloudMine Enters into Partnership with Singly
- Flurry Takes Over Trestle
- Kinvey and PhoneGap Announce Technical Integration
- Kinvey Extends Support for Android and iOS Applications
- SendGrid Integrates with Major MBaaS Platforms
- Kinvey Enters into Partnership with Urban Airship
- StackMob Enters into Partnership with Heroku
4. SERVICE LAUNCHES
- AnyPresence Introduces Fourth-Generation Mobile Backend-as-a- Service Platform
- Corona Labs Introduces Corona Cloud
- Kinvey Unveils Kinvey Enterprise Edition Platform
- Kii Introduces Kii Analytics In-app Analytics Tool
- MphasiS Introduces Cloud-based BaaS Platform for Insurance Sector
- Peter Relan Develops OpenKit Open BaaS Platform
- StackMob Unveils StackMob Enterprise Marketplace Platform
- FeedHenry Introduces Enterprise Mobility Solution
- FatFractal Unveils Cloud-based BaaS Solution
- Kii Unveils Carrier-grade Kii Cloud MBaaS Solution
5. MARKET PARTICIPANTS
- Appcelerator, Inc.
- AppGlu, Inc.
- Apple, Inc.
- Backendless Corporation
- Buddy Platform, Inc.
- Challengepost, Inc.
- Feedhenry LLC
- Flurry, Inc.
- GeoLoqi, Inc.
- Google, Inc.
- JayStack Technologies LLC
- Kinvey, Inc.
- MAART Srl - BaaSBox
- Microsoft Corporation
- mobDB LLC
- Mobeelizer Sp z o.o.
- Moblico Solutions LLC
- Score-Oid Ltd.
- Scottyapp, Inc.
- Sencha, Inc.
- ShepHertz Technologies Pvt., Ltd.
- Windows Azure Mobile Services
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/985nlq/backend_as_a