SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA), the voice of the global semiconductor industry, today announces the results of its 2014 Board of Directors’ election. GSA’s board is comprised of industry executives who are representative of the global regions in which GSA holds active memberships. The majority of the board members are selected by the Alliance’s voting members.
This year, there were two semiconductor positions available for the GSA’s Board of Directors. Each elected director serves a three-year term.
Newly elected semiconductor directors include Dr. Lawrence Loh, corporate vice president of MediaTek Inc. and president of MediaTek USA, and Dr. Rajan Naik, senior vice president and chief strategy officer of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD).
Dr. Loh is a corporate vice president of MediaTek Inc., responsible for centralized corporate RD and engineering functions including RF, analog/mixed-signal and circuits/hardware engineering and technology development for all MediaTek’s product lines including wireless communication, mobile application processors, wireless connectivity, home entertainment, optical storage and broadband/networking business. He is also serving as president of MediaTek USA, overseeing the company’s global operations in Europe and America. Dr. Loh started his first circuit design position at IMP and later he joined Cirrus Logic, where his last position was director of Analog IC Engineering. In 1998, Dr. Loh founded Silicon Bridge Inc., where he successfully led a number of analog/mixed-signal IC development projects with major semiconductor companies including MediaTek Inc. and Altera Corporation.
“It’s truly my great honor,” said Dr. Loh. “I am so grateful to the GSA members’ strong support to elect me to the Board. With over 20 years of career dedication to the global semiconductor industry, I believe my addition to the GSA Board will enhance the organization by not only adding a major fabless semiconductor company’s participation but also by contributing my cutting-edge viewpoints.”
Dr. Rajan Naik joined the AMD leadership team in January 2012 where he is responsible for corporate strategy, M&A and market intelligence. Prior to AMD, Dr. Naik was a partner at McKinsey & Company for 11 years where he focused on the semiconductor, OEM and enterprise software sectors. In addition to his management and business experience, Dr. Naik has a deep technical background with R&D experience at Intel Corporation, where he was responsible for development of copper interconnect, and Lucent Technologies where he researched CMOS-integratable MEMs based bandpass filters.
“It is a privilege to be a member of the GSA Board of Directors,” said Dr. Naik. “AMD has greatly benefited from our membership. I look forward to working with this illustrious group of technology leaders to further advance the cause and vision of GSA.”
“I am honored to welcome Lawrence and Rajan to the GSA Board of Directors,” said Jodi Shelton, co-founder and president of GSA. “As GSA enters its 20th year, we are pleased to have such a diverse group of leaders that represents our global membership—our BOD represents a variety of technology, markets, sizes and geographies. Both of these leaders are enthusiastic about their service and bring a unique perspective that will enable GSA to remain the most relevant voice for our industry and a neutral platform for the global collaboration.”
In addition to the two new GSA board members, other members include:
- Steve Mollenkopf, GSA board chairman, president and chief executive officer, QUALCOMM Incorporated
- Jodi Shelton, GSA co-founder and president
- Mark Adams, president, Micron Technology, Inc.
- David Baillie, chief executive officer, CamSemi
- Rick Cassidy, senior corporate vice president, TSMC Ltd. and president, TSMC North America
- Dr. Tzu-Yin Chiu, chief executive officer and executive director, SMIC
- Dr. Aart de Geus, chairman and co-chief executive officer, Synopsys, Inc.
- Jack Harding, president and chief executive officer, eSilicon Corporation
- Mark Ireland, vice president, strategy and business development, IBM
- Dr. Sanjay Jha, chief executive officer, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
- Steve Kelley, president and chief executive officer, Amkor Technology, Inc.
- Neil Kim, executive vice president, operations and central engineering, Broadcom Corporation
- Dr. Leo Li, president, chief executive officer and chairman, Spreadtrum Communications, Inc.
- Dr. Nicky Lu, chairman and chief executive officer, Etron Technology, Inc.
- Sanjay Mehrotra, co-founder, president and chief executive officer, SanDisk Corporation
- Arunjai Mittal, member of the management board, regions, sales, marketing, strategy development and M&A, Infineon Technologies AG
- Shozo Saito, senior advisor, Toshiba Corporation
- Simon Segars, chief executive officer, ARM Holdings PLC
- Debora Shoquist, executive vice president, operations, NVIDIA Corporation
- Akira Takata, president and chief executive officer, MegaChips Corporation
- Lip-Bu Tan, president and chief executive officer, Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
- Tyson Tuttle, chief executive officer, Silicon Labs
- Joep van Beurden, chief executive officer, CSR Plc
- Jeff Waters, senior vice president and general manager, military, industrial, and computing division, Altera Corporation
- Dr. Albert Wu, vice president, operations, Marvell Semiconductor, Inc.
- Dr. Tien Wu, director and chief operating officer, Advanced Semiconductor Engineering, Inc. (ASE Inc.) and chief executive officer, ISE Labs
In its 20 years, the GSA has consistently broadened its global representation that consists of a membership base spanning large multinational corporations to start-up companies in their initial funding phase. Geographically, the GSA represents every major region within the semiconductor industry. The Alliance has strategically expanded its international presence in the EMEA and APAC regions through appointed regional board members, regional partnerships and global market intelligence initiatives.
To learn more about the GSA Board of Directors, please visit: http://www.gsaglobal.org/about-us/board-of-directors/.
The Global Semiconductor Alliance (GSA) mission is to accelerate the growth and increase the return on invested capital of the global semiconductor industry by fostering a more effective ecosystem through collaboration, integration and innovation. It addresses the challenges within the supply chain including IP, EDA/design, wafer manufacturing, test and packaging to enable industry-wide solutions. Providing a platform for meaningful global collaboration, the Alliance identifies and articulates market opportunities, encourages and supports entrepreneurship, and provides members with comprehensive and unique market intelligence. Members include companies throughout the supply chain representing 30 countries across the globe. www.gsaglobal.org