LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsung Electronics America, Inc., a subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, today announced its first premium ultrasound system – the Samsung UGEO WS80A – designed to redefine ultrasound for women’s health. Combining Samsung’s latest medical imaging innovations and 5D technology, the Samsung UGEO WS80A is among a number of innovative medical imaging products Samsung is showcasing at the American Institute of Ultrasound in Medicine’s (AIUM) Annual Convention at Caesars Palace, Octavius Ballroom, Booth #301.
The Samsung UGEO WS80A, which has received 510(k) FDA clearance, incorporates Samsung's latest innovations to deliver fast, easy and accurate ultrasound images for OB/GYN applications. Key features include:
- Wide LED Monitor – Samsung’s unique 21.5” wide high-resolution LED monitor provides superior viewing angles, greater depth of contrast and superior color visualization.
- 5D Technology – Streamlines workflow while enhancing reproducibility for a more consistent and confident clinical assessment.
- FRV™ (Feto Realistic View) – Displays high-resolution detail and realistic depth perception of 3D anatomy.
- Single Crystal Probe – Utilizes advanced crystal design to provide excellent penetration and resolution.
- Five Year Standard Warranty – Reflecting Samsung’s confidence in the new system, the UGEO WS80A will come with a five-year standard warranty, offering healthcare providers a reliable, cost-effective and operationally efficient ultrasound for women’s health applications.
“With the launch of the premium Samsung UGEO WS80A, we have expanded our comprehensive portfolio of ultrasound imaging solutions to serve both the women’s health and point-of-care markets,” said Doug Ryan, Group Vice President for Health and Medical Equipment at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “The UGEO WS80A is the latest example of Samsung’s global commitment to introducing user- and patient-centric innovation to healthcare through our rapidly expanding health and medical business unit.”
The UGEO WS80A features the Hybrid Beamforming Engine™ evo, providing improved gray scale and color while delivering a more precise signal than previous beamforming engines. SDMR™ evo offers speckle reduction, as well as edge and contrast enhancement for clear, distinct images.
The system features an ergonomic design with user conveniences such as smooth height adjustment and a gel warmer, while the touchscreen provides an intuitive user interface for easy operation.
In addition to the new premium system, Samsung’s showcase at the AIUM convention features:
- Live demos of the Accuvix A30, UGEO H60, SonoAce R7, UGEO PT60A and the UGEO HM70A.
- The Samsung WS80A Hospitality Suite scheduled for Monday, March 31 from 6:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. in the Verona Room, 3rd Floor Promenade Level, Caesars Palace Conference Center
To learn more about Samsung Electronics’ healthcare division, its subsidiaries and products, please visit samsung.com/healthcare.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America (SEA), Inc., a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 286,000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.