DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/26qb97/canadas_cards) has announced the addition of the "Canada's Cards and Payments Industry: Emerging Opportunities, Trends, Size, Drivers, Strategies, Products and Competitive Landscape" report to their offering.
The Canadian card payments channel recorded growth during the review period (2008-2012). In terms of the volume of cards in circulation, the card payments channel posted a review-period CAGR of 4.55% to reach 153.1 million cards in 2012. Growth in consumer spending, a shift in consumer preference towards cashless transactions, and the increased acceptance of cards by retailers contributed to the growth of the Canadian card payments channel. The volume of cards in circulation is expected to post a forecast-period (2013-2017) CAGR of 4.66%, to reach 190.8 million cards in 2017. The Canadian card payments channel grew substantially both in volume and value terms during the review period. In terms of the number of transactions, the channel grew from 7.2 billion in 2008 to 8.5 billion in 2012, at a review-period CAGR of 4.27%. Debit card transactions were the key driver, followed by charge cards. The growing demand for prepaid and credit cards among Canadian consumers also contributed to the growth of the number of transactions during the review period. Over the forecast period, total card transactions volume is expected to post a forecast-period CAGR of 3.57%, to reach 10.2 billion in 2017.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to Canada's cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within Canada's cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in Canada's cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in Canada.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing Canada's cards and payments industry.
Key Topics Covered
- Executive Summary
- Analysis of Market Environment, Key Trends and Drivers
- Cards and Payments Industry Share Analysis
- Regulatory Framework and Card Fraud Statistics
- Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends
- Analysis of Card Payments and Growth Prospects
- Analysis of Credit Card Payments and Growth Prospects
- Analysis of Debit Card Payments and Growth Prospects
- Analysis of Charge Card Payments and Growth Prospects
- Analysis of Prepaid Card Payments and Growth Prospects
- Merchant Acquiring
- Company Profiles of Card Issuers
- American Express
- Bank of Montreal
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Diners Club
- First Data
- Heartland Payment Systems
- Moneris Solutions Corporation
- Royal Bank of Canada
- TD Canada Trust
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/26qb97/canadas_cards