BEVERLY, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Altova® (http://www.altova.com), today announced the availability of Version 2014 Release 2 (v2014r2) with increases in performance and speed to its robust data integration platform, which consists of MapForce®, MapForce Server, and FlowForce® Server.
FlowForce Server is powerful new server software for automating multi-step, data mapping, integration, and reporting tasks. FlowForce Server and MapForce Server provide for high-speed automation of data transformations between any combination of XML, database, flat file, EDI, Excel, XBRL, and/or Web services data. MapForce Server data transformations are based on data mappings designed in MapForce, Altova’s award winning graphical data mapping and integration tool. Together these products form a robust, scalable, customizable data integration platform that can be easily configured for mission-critical integration tasks for a variety of enterprises.
“The new features in this version make it even easier for developers to define data mappings in MapForce, and increase performance on the servers, making automated processing even faster and more efficient, “said Alexander Falk, CEO of Altova. “This exceptional data integration platform provides the unique combination of cross-platform support, affordable scalability, and hyper-performance that just gets better with each release.”
New features in MapForce Server:
- Bulk Insert for databases: Bulk Insert is an operation available for certain databases that allows a large volume of data to be inserted into a database table in a single SQL statement, as opposed to the typical method of using individual Insert statements for each row. Since processing overhead by the database engine is greatly reduced, performance is much faster. Testing with some examples* has shown Bulk Insert can be more than 10 times faster than individual Insert statements.
New features in FlowForce Server:
- Job caching enhancements: FlowForce Server job caching has been enhanced with several new features. Job caching allows administrators to schedule execution of time consuming jobs, store the results, and deliver output instantaneously to a Web browser window, upon an HTTP request by an end user. Administrators can schedule automatic cache updates or removed cached data entirely, to prevent delivery of stale or expired results.
New features in MapForce:
- New functions for processing and generating sequences: A series of new functions have been added to significantly extend functionality for working with sequences. The complete list of sequence functions can be found here.
- Timeout Settings for Web service calls and database execution: In MapForce 2014 users can now define timeouts for Web service calls and database sources. Each component has its own timeout setting to allow for maximum flexibility, defined in the component Properties dialog. For instance, an input to a mapping might be a SQL query requiring a long and complex calculation by the database engine before the result is delivered for further processing. The user can now specify a very long timeout.
- Support for CDATA generation in XML files: This customer-requested feature allows target XML element notes to be output as CDATA instead of XML-escaped characters. The benefits of CDATA go beyond the improvements in human readability; rendering CDATA eliminates the chance of incorrectly processing XML-escaped data before deployment as HTML.
Click for more information on all the new functionality in v2014r2 of Altova’s data integration platform, as well as the complete line of Altova desktop developer tools and server software. All Altova products are available for a free, fully-functional 30-day trial.
*Performance results based on Altova internal tests conducted on a typical selection of files comparing Version 2014r2 to the prior version of the server software. Your results may vary.
Altova® is a software company specializing in tools to assist developers with data management, software and application development, and data integration. The creator of XMLSpy® and other award-winning XML, SQL and UML tools, Altova is a key player in the software tools industry and the leader in XML solution development tools. Altova focuses on its customers’ needs by offering a product line that fulfills a broad spectrum of requirements for software development teams. With over 4.6 million users worldwide, including 91% of Fortune 500 organizations, Altova is proud to serve clients from one-person shops to the world’s largest organizations. Altova is committed to delivering standards-based, platform-independent solutions that are powerful, affordable and easy-to-use. Founded in 1992, Altova is headquartered in Beverly, Massachusetts and Vienna, Austria. Visit Altova on the Web at: http://www.altova.com.
Altova, MissionKit, XMLSpy, MapForce, FlowForce, RaptorXML, StyleVision, UModel, DatabaseSpy, DiffDog, SchemaAgent, Authentic, and MetaTeam are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Altova GmbH in the United States and/or other countries. The names of and reference to other companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.