The BioFlorida Latin America & Caribbean Life Sciences Conference, organized by BioFlorida, Inc., will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to explore business collaborations and share best practices in all areas of life sciences including research, development and commercialization. The two-day program will cover such topics as research and commercial successes and collaborations, economic development opportunities, intellectual property and regulatory framework.
Quick fact: Latin America has a $4.8 trillion economy, and has become one of the most dynamic regions in the world – a hotbed of business opportunity particularly in the technology sectors. There has never been a more important time for pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies and research institutions to collaborate to capitalize on new opportunities and expanding markets.
Industry professionals both from around the state of Florida as well as international waters are expected. Attendees will join life sciences professionals from the U.S. and Latin America from emerging and established pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device companies. University and research institutions as well as investors, regulatory experts and government officials from both regions will be in attendance.
Keynote and featured speakers
- Gabriela Gebrin Cezar, DVM, PhD, Senior Director & Head, External R&D Innovation; Brazil, Latin America & South Africa Worldwide Research and Development; Pfizer
- James Hogan, President, Medtronic Latin America, VP, Medtronic, Inc.
- Miguel Ángel Margáin, Director General, Mexican Institute of Industrial Property
- Gray Swoope, Secretary of Commerce, President & CEO, Enterprise Florida, Inc.
- Mark B. Rosenberg, PhD, President, Florida International University
- Rolando Brawer, PhD, Director of Corporate Development, Life Technologies
- David Coriat, Head Public Affairs & Communications Latin America at Novartis Pharmaceuticals
- Michelle Cuccia, Vice President Commercial Operations, Teva LatAm
- Gabriel Kleiman, Assistant General Counsel, Pfizer
WHEN: March 27-28, 2014
WHERE: Sofitel Miami Hotel and Florida International University (FIU), Miami