MADRID, Spain--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Amadeus today reinforced its commitment to developing the airport of the future with the launch of Amadeus Airport Common Use Service (ACUS), a next-gen airport platform capable of carrying out all passenger processing functions. The cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution platform will allow airlines and ground handlers to share the physical space and the IT resources of the airport, eliminating hosting and development burden.
The majority of the world’s airports currently run a traditional and expensive common use model, including a long-term supplier and on-site IT infrastructure. The adoption of Amadeus ACUS will allow airports to eliminate costly on-site systems, lowering their operational expenses and minimizing their environmental impact. Furthermore, they will improve their agility and flexibility to respond to unforeseen situations such as weather disruptions and traffic peaks. Airlines will also be able to reduce costs thanks to centralized connectivity to airports and simplified passenger processing. As a consequence of these streamlined operations, passengers will benefit from a quick and fluid airport experience.
Amadeus ACUS’ key features include:
- Application virtualization technology - reduces airports’ need for on-site equipment, saving costs and space
- Delivered via SaaS model, centrally hosted in a state-of-the-art data center – allows scalability and resilience for any size airport, airline and ground handler.
- Based on secure network connectivity and 4G communications – fast and easy to deploy and maintain, able to run operations both on and off the airport
- Connection to all airline Departure Control System and airport applications – cost effective and centralized connectivity for airlines expanding their network to new airports whilst lowering network costs
- Complete end-to-end solution delivery – from software to end-user hardware with 24-7 on-site support
- Compatible with industry standards (CUPPS1 and PCI2) – providing a secure and reliable solution
“The airport industry has advanced tremendously from the days of dedicated airline check-in desks towards a much more flexible and shared environment. It is now ready to embrace more change in order to maximize commercial and operational performance, and it can derive huge efficiencies from moving towards a common use service,” said John Jarrell, Head of Airport IT at Amadeus. “Airlines have already chosen cloud technology to run many critical applications that are centrally hosted, and I believe the airport industry will follow this trend with Amadeus ACUS. Our platform will enable the airport ecosystem to use its resources much more intelligently, ultimately improving the passenger experience and taking the next step towards becoming the airport of the future.”
For more information, please visit the Amadeus booth from 25-27 March at the Passenger Terminal Expo (PTE) in Barcelona or visit our Airport IT LinkedIn page here.
Amadeus is a leading provider of advanced technology solutions for the global travel industry. Customer groups include travel providers (e.g. airlines, hotels, rail and ferry operators, airports, etc.), travel sellers (travel agencies and websites), and travel buyers (corporations and travel management companies).
The Amadeus group employs around 10,000 people worldwide, across central sites in Madrid (corporate headquarters), Nice (development) and Erding (operations), as well as 71 local Amadeus Commercial Organizations globally.
The group operates a transaction-based business model.
Amadeus is listed on the Spanish Stock Exchange under the symbol "AMS.MC" and is a component of the IBEX 35 index.
To find out more about Amadeus please visit www.amadeus.com.
1 Common Use Passenger Processing System: New IATA CUPPS standard that will replace IATA recommendation 1797 and harmonize the interface among airline applications and CUTE (Common Use Terminal Equipment) platforms.
2 Peripheral Component Interconnect: a standard for connecting computers and their peripherals