SAN DIEGO & GRAPEVINE, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lytx, Inc. (formerly DriveCam Inc.), a global leader in delivering driver safety and compliance solutions, today announced that its award-winning1 DriveCam Powered by Lytx™ Program now includes a solution set designed to meet the unique needs of truckload carriers, helping them to significantly reduce costs, increase safety, and gain a competitive advantage.
The Company’s new trucking solution is specifically tailored to address the challenges of over- the-road trucking, including limited face-to-face interaction between managers and drivers, long-haul highway driving, and a challenging driver retention environment. To maximize bottom-line results within this environment, the DriveCam trucking solution uses the Lytx Engine™ to simplify the enormous amounts of data available to a prioritized set of actionable insights that drive improved performance.
Key elements of the DriveCam trucking solution include:
- Performance-Based Privacy Options – in a highly competitive market that demands the most experienced and professional drivers, the new performance-based privacy options will leverage the Company’s unique and analytically-derived Lytx Safety Score™ to offer an outside-only video option for high-performing drivers, while maintaining an ability to take advantage of our exception-based dual-view alternative.
- Coaching Flexibility – the DriveCam Online® platform will be available through iPad®, iPhone®, and mobile communication systems, with enhanced workflow to provide drivers with timely visibility into their performance and enable self- or remote coaching as necessary. Tutorials to improve the effectiveness of coaching sessions with drivers will also be available online.
- ADAS Integration – will allow carriers to optimize their existing ADAS technology by identifying the root-cause behaviors behind lane departure and forward collision warnings in order to provide coaching opportunities for the over-the-road trucking environment.
- Posted Speed Triggering – captures data and video as drivers exceed posted speed limits, providing insight into not only the speeding event, but the greater context of the driver’s behavior and surrounding environment.
- Regulatory Compliance – helps carriers meet regulatory compliance needs and improve CSA scores using the RAIR® Compliance Services integrated web-based system. The suite of services includes management of driver logs, vehicle inspection reports, and driver qualifications, all united by a comprehensive CSA management system.
“Lytx is dedicated to the needs of the trucking industry and its drivers, which is why we created a solution specifically for them,” said Jim Angel, general manager, trucking for Lytx. “These features address the unique program needs for delivering value to the OTR segment and trucking in general, while understanding that drivers are number one on the list for any carrier’s success. Our trucking solution makes it easy for carriers to gain a competitive edge in a highly competitive industry.”
DriveCam powered by Lytx improves safety by combining video with predictive analytics, real-time driver feedback and coaching, resulting in significant reductions in collision-related costs and improved miles per gallon (MPG). Using the patented Lytx Engine™, the DriveCam Program identifies and prioritizes risk so the carrier can focus on the drivers who need the most coaching. The end-to-end workflow makes managing the program easy and drives results by tracking both driving and coaching improvement. An in-vehicle device captures driving behavior events, which are reviewed and scored by trained professionals, and then passed on to the fleet for use in coaching drivers.
Fleets manage the DriveCam Program through the DriveCam Online web-based platform. With 24/7 secure access, DriveCam Online provides the important information fleets need to monitor fleet risk and prioritize what's needed to maximize a safety program, along with providing the necessary tools for coaching drivers to improve their driving behavior.
At Lytx (formerly DriveCam, Inc.), we harness the power of data to change human behavior and help good companies become even better. Our flagship product, DriveCam powered by Lytx, sets the standard for driver safety in the industries we serve, and our RAIR Compliance Services helps DOT-regulated fleets comply with safety regulations, complementing the DriveCam Program. We protect more than 950 commercial and government fleet clients worldwide who drive billions of miles annually. Our clients realize significant ROI by lowering operating and insurance costs, while achieving greater efficiency and compliance. Most of all, we strive to help save lives – on our roads and in our communities, every day. Lytx is privately held and headquartered in San Diego. For more information, visit www.lytx.com.
Lytx; DriveCam powered by Lytx; Lytx Engine; Lytx Insights; Sense, Predict, Prevent; Delivering Insights. Driving Results. are trademarks of Lytx, Inc. DriveCam, DriveCam Online and RAIR are registered trademarks of Lytx, Inc.
1 Frost & Sullivan, 2013 North America Customer Enhancement Award