MARYSVILLE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Winter is officially over and yesterday marked the first day of spring, but memories of this winter’s brutal weather will live on for quite some time. In fact, #PolarVortex has been trending on Twitter for months, and it’s been widely reported that winter storms have cost U.S. businesses over $15 billion dollars1. Everyone and everything has suffered from this winter’s harsh conditions, and lawns and gardens are not exempt.
“As a leader in lawn and garden care, the ‘polar vortex’ was certainly on our mind this winter season,” said John Sass, Vice President, Miracle-Gro. “Many of our customers are worried about the damage the frigid temperatures might have caused to their garden or lawn. Miracle-Gro is dedicated to helping people get back in their gardens as quickly as possible so they can bring them back to life. Spring is our favorite time of year and we want to make it a productive season for everyone.”
To kick-off spring and usher in warm weather, Scotts Miracle-Gro will be launching a variety of planting and plotting resources across their leading consumer brands to help growers reclaim their lawn and gardens as we usher in the ‘solar vortex.’ Those resources include:
- GroSomethingGreater.com, an online portal where all gardeners can share their stories about what gardening means to them and find tips, tricks and inspiration from others.
- @MiracleGro on Twitter, a place to go for inspiration and see what is new and fun in the gardening world.
- Miracle-Gro on Facebook, where a community of growers comes together and shares their recovery efforts via photos and advice and can find inspiration.
- @LawnGardenHelp on Twitter, available to answer your specific questions and offer expert advice 7 days a week from 8am-5pm ET. Use “#SolarVortex” to join the larger conversation about how people are reviving their lawns after this harsh winter.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Gardening Hotline – Ask a lawn or garden expert your spring planting or lawn care questions, toll-free. Simply call 1-888-270-3714.
“We want people to be able to go out and enjoy their yards as soon as the weather improves,” said Sass. “After a winter like the one we’ve had, we deserve it!”
About Scotts Miracle-Gro
With approximately $3 billion in worldwide sales, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company, through its wholly-owned subsidiary, The Scotts Company LLC, is the world's largest marketer of branded consumer products for lawn and garden care. The Company's brands are the most recognized in the industry. In the U.S., the Company's Scotts®, Miracle-Gro® and Ortho® brands are market-leading in their categories, as is the consumer Roundup® brand, which is marketed in North America and most of Europe exclusively by Scotts and owned by Monsanto. In the U.S., the Company operates Scotts LawnService®, the second largest residential lawn care service business. In Europe, the Company's brands include Weedol®, Pathclear®, Evergreen®, Levington®, Miracle-Gro®, KB®, Fertiligène® and Substral®. For additional information, visit us at www.scotts.com.