HONOLULU--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Department of Veterans Affairs West Oahu Vet Center in collaboration with Army OneSource Hawaii Behavioral Health Alliance partnered with the Young Brother’s Ltd to have the Mobile Vet Center (MVC) shipped to Maui.
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Readjustment Counseling Services strive to improve Veteran-Centered Care. The Mobile Vet Centers (MVCs) are state-of-the-art resources with audio-visual equipment, phones lines, computers and Wi-Fi gear that can reach out to Veterans. Army OneSource is raising awareness and generating support among the private sector to effectively serve the unique challenges of Military life, including building community alliances across the nation to address the growing demand for behavioral health, financial, legal and faith-based services.
Thanks to the generosity of Young Brothers, Ltd, the MVC will be transported to “The Valley Isle”. Events will be held March 22 – 31 and open to Active Duty, Reserve/Guard personnel, Veterans of all eras, their families and community members who are interested in free and confidential readjustment counseling services, referrals and/or information and assistance from Vet Centers.
Mayor Alan Arakawa kicks-off the events on Saturday, March 22 from 9am-10am. Mayor Arakawa proudly shared that he comes from a long line of Veterans from WWII to present. Mayor Alan Arakawa said, "This Mobile Vet Center is an important tool for community outreach for our veterans. Many come back from serving their country only to find they have problems readjusting to civilian life. We must extend every resource to try and help them if we can; the community owes them that much at the very least."
Schedule of events: March 22-31
- March 22 - Swap Meet, Puunene Ave., Kahului, 7AM - 1PM
- March 23 - Maui Intersection Church, Kalama Park, 1900 S. Kihei Rd., Kihei, 2PM – 4PM
- March 26 - Lahaina Craft Fair, Honoapiilani Hwy., Lahaina, 9AM – 3PM
- March 27 - UH Maui College Vet Center, 310 Ka’ahumanu Ave., Kahului, 9AM – 4PM
- March 28 - Homeless Veteran Outreach Camp Olowalu, 800 Olowalu Village Rd., Lahaina, 12PM – 4PM
- March 29 – Women Veteran Stand Down, Army National Guard, 2701 Mokulele Hwy., Kihei, 10AM – 12PM
- March 31 – J. Walter Cameron Center, 95 Mahalani St., Wailuku, 8AM – 12PM