DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8h8bvg/china_ethylene) has announced the addition of the "Concise Analysis of the Chinese Ethylene Oxide Industry" report to their offering.
As a key organic chemical raw material only next to polyethylene and PVC among the derivatives of ethylene industry, ethylene oxide (EO) is widely applied in the manufacturing of ethylene glycol, nonionic surfactant, polycarboxylate water reducer, crystalline silicon cutting fluid, ethanol amine, etc..
In 2012, the EO capacity around the globe was mainly distributed at Asia-Pacific, North America and Middle East, with proportion exceeding 80%. China is one of the major producing areas of EO, and the EO capacity totaled 5 million tons approximately as of August 2013, sharing 17% or so of world's total capacity. The capacity distribution is characterized by obvious regional features, with around 60% capacity distributed in Eastern China, which is consistent with the distribution of ethylene (main raw material).
Along with the growth of EO capacity in China, the output also witnesses continuous improvement, and climbed up to 3.7 million tons or so in 2012. According to the proposed/ongoing projects, the newly added capacity of EO in China will reach 3.5-4 million tons during 2013-2015. The growing capacity will make the EO industry encounter the risk of overcapacity in short term, and it is predicted that the integral operating rate of the industry will decline to less than 80%.
Key Topics Covered:
1. Overview of Ethylene Oxide (EO)
2. Development of EO Industry in China
3. EO Upstream
4. EO Downstream Deep Processing
5. Key EO Producers
6. EO Deep Processing Enterprises
- BASF-YPC Company Limited
- CNOOC and Shell Petrochemicals Company Limited
- CNPC Jilin Petrochemicals Company Limited
- China North Chemical Industry Group
- China Sanjiang Fine Chemicals Company Limited
- Jiangsu Bote New Materials
- Liao Ning Oxiranchem
- Liaoning Huaxing Group
- Liaoning Kelong Fine Chemical
- Qianjiang Yongan Pharmaceutical
- Sasol (China) Chemical
- Sinopec Shanghai Petrochemical Company Limited
- Sinopec Yangzi Petrochemical Company Ltd.
- Sinopec Zhenhai Refining & Chemical Company
- Xiamen Academy of Building Research Group
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/8h8bvg/china_ethylene