LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SMK Europe N.V., a subsidiary of SMK Corporation, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of remote controls and consumer electronics accessories, today announced that it will showcase a family of new remote control solutions, user interface technologies and wireless connectivity options during this week’s TV Connect exhibition, London’s Olympia Exhibition Centre, March 18th – 20th (Stand #53).
Utilizing the latest ZigBee® RF4CE, Wi-Fi Direct® and Bluetooth® Smart communications technologies, SMK’s advanced set-top box remote controls deliver a wide variety of advanced user interface options including voice command, gesture control and touchpad point and click solutions. “This week at TV Connect, we are excited to be showcasing new ‘Voice-Over-RF,’ ‘Motion Sensing’ and other pointing technology remote control solutions supporting advanced services,” said Patrick Delanoeije, Vice President SMK Europe. “As Pay TV capabilities and service offerings continue to grow, the set-top box remote control, the user’s interface, must similarly evolve to enlist subscriber engagement and adoption of these new services.”
New SMK Products at TV Connect 2014
New products at this week’s TV Connect 2014 include a family of advanced remote control solutions from SMK, featuring active demonstrations of the following:
- ‘Motion Sensing’ remote controls, including a motion remote running on an Android® device powered by Movea® SmartMotion™ software. SMK will demonstrate real end-user experience like the easy scroll for fastest VOD catalogue browsing, sound control with roll, improved usability through absolute pointing, point & click to drag or zoom in / zoom out similar to pinch or spread functions found on tablets etc.
- A newly developed cost effective 6-axis motion-sensing remote control utilizing Hillcrest Labs Freespace® MotionEngine™ Lite technology.
- A set top box remote leveraging motion processing, gesture control and progressive joystick navigation to provide an intuitive interface for rich media offerings.
- A family of Wi-Fi Direct® remote controls including a voice command-enabled Sony Google TV remote, and a motion-enabled Roku® box remote featuring high quality downstream audio from the Over-The-Top Roku box to the remote control.
- An alternative pointing technology option, SMK’s state of the art bowl shape Azoteq-based touchpad boasts innovative design (round and indent pad) and unmatched sensitivity.
About SMK Europe N.V.
SMK Europe N.V. is a subsidiary of SMK Corporation, a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of OEM remote controls with worldwide production of greater than 70 million units annually. In conjunction with SMK’s global manufacturing and R&D centers, SMK Europe N.V. is uniquely positioned to provide the European Pay TV industry with remote control solutions that support rich media, interactive content and advanced television features. For more information, see SMK Europe at www.smkeurope.com.
Hillcrest Labs, Freespace, and MotionEngine are trademarks of Hillcrest Laboratories, Inc. Wi-Fi Direct® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance. Bluetooth® and Bluetooth Smart are trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. ZigBee® is a registered trademark of the ZigBee Alliance. Roku® is a registered trademark of Roku, Inc. Android and Google® TV are trademarks or of Google Inc. Movea and SmartMotion are a registered trademarks of Movea SA. Azoteq® is a registered trademark of Azoteq (Pty) Ltd. All other trademarks are properties of their respective owners.