NEW YORK & SYDNEY--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bridge Growth Partners, LLC, a growth-oriented private equity investment firm launched late last year and focused on investments in technology and financial services as well as technology-enabled opportunities in other sectors, today announced that Phil Scanlan, former member of the Business Council of Australia and Founder of the Australian American Leadership Dialogue, has joined the Strategic Advisory Board of Bridge Growth Partners.
“We are extremely pleased to welcome Phil to our Advisory Board,” said Alok Singh, Co-Founder and Managing Principal of Bridge Growth Partners. “He is deeply familiar with the dynamics and opportunities that have created what amounts to a $1 trillion two-way investment freeway between the U.S. and Australia. Phil is a true globalist with a wide international network and tremendous experience as a visionary and entrepreneurial leader in the business and wider community. His unique perspective will provide a strong complement to our Advisory Board, the capabilities of our team and the success of our future investments.”
“I am honored and enthused to be joining Bridge Growth Partners and look forward to being actively engaged in the successful development of the firm,” said Mr. Scanlan. “The founders of Bridge Growth form the core of a remarkably accomplished and energetic team. They share my belief in the power of a global outlook and are committed to driving sustained value creation through strong partnerships with their investors and with their portfolio companies.”
Bridge Growth was launched last year by Founding Principals Sander Levy, Alok Singh, Kevin Parker and Senior Managing Director and Chief Administrative Officer Tom Manley. Other key leaders include Joseph Tucci, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of EMC Corporation and Executive Chairman of VMware, who has served on the firm’s Advisory Board since launch, and Jessica Bibliowicz, former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of National Financial Partners, who joined the firm in September as a Senior Advisor.
In addition to Mr. Tucci, Mr. Scanlan and Ms. Bibliowicz, the growing roster of recognized leaders who provide strategic guidance and operational resources to Bridge Growth and its portfolio companies through the firm’s Strategic, Technology and Financial Services Advisory Boards includes:
- Rob Ashe, a board member of MSCI, Halogen Software and ServiceSource, and former Chief Executive Officer of Cognos and former General Manager of IBM's Business Analytics division;
- Yves de Balmann, former Co-Chairman of Bregal Investments, Vice Chairman of Bankers Trust, and Co-CEO of Deutsche Bank Alex. Brown as well as current board member of Exelon Corporation, Laureate International, and Chairman of MOSAID Corporation;
- Nanci Caldwell, a board member of Citrix, TIBCO Software, and JDA Software, and former Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of PeopleSoft;
- Noah Gottdiener, Chairman and CEO of Duff & Phelps Corporation;
- Ambassador Steven J. Green, former U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Singapore, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Greenstreet Partners, and member of the International Advisory Board of GIC and Chairman of Guggenheim International;
- Hon. John Manley, Chief Executive Officer of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives, former Deputy Prime Minister and Finance Minister of Canada, and a board member of CAE and CIBC;
- Janet Perna, former General Manager of Information Management within IBM's Software Group and currently a board member of JDA Software and Cloudmark;
- Governor Tom Ridge, former Secretary of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and former Governor of Pennsylvania;
- Sy Sternberg, former Chairman and CEO of New York Life Insurance, and current board member of Express Scripts, Inc. and CIT Group;
- George Stoeckert, former President of North America and Internet Solutions at Dun & Bradstreet, Inc.; and
- Myron Trepper, former Co-Chairman of international law firm Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP.
About Phil Scanlan
Mr. Scanlan’s career spans enterprise, NGO entrepreneurship, public policy and diplomacy. He served an extended posting as Australian Consul-General in New York from 2009 through September 2013. While serving as Consul-General, he was elected President of the Society of Foreign Consuls in New York, the largest in the world with 135 member countries.
Throughout his career Mr. Scanlan has worked extensively with regulatory agencies and financial and investment communities, and has established relationships with global political, institutional and business leaders across Europe, the Indo Pacific and the Americas. He has more than 25 years of global experience in chief and senior executive roles, and is well known for his leadership role in spearheading Coca-Cola Amatil’s successful expansion in Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific, Indonesia and Central Europe. Coca-Cola Amatil achieved best performer status among Australia’s top 30 listed stocks in the early 1990s.
Mr. Scanlan is a Fellow of the Australian Institute of Company Directors; a longstanding member of the Young Presidents Organization/World Presidents Organization global entrepreneurial network; was the first Fellow to be appointed to the Australian and New Zealand School of Government in 2003; chaired, from 1993 to 1996, Central Sydney Area Health Service—at the time, the largest general teaching hospital complex in the Southern Hemisphere; and in 1992 founded the bipartisan Australian American Leadership Dialogue, described as one of the most significant global initiatives in private diplomacy, followed this year by launching the New York Global Leadership Dialogue based on a similar model with participants from home countries all around the world.
Educated at Sydney, Oxford and Harvard universities, Mr. Scanlan was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in 1998 in recognition of his voluntary service to international relations and promotion of public health and environmental concerns. In 2003 he was awarded a Centenary Medal for service to Australian society through the advancement of Australian American relations. He maintains offices in New York and Melbourne.
About Bridge Growth Partners
Bridge Growth Partners, LLC is a uniquely structured growth-oriented private equity firm that focuses on investments in the technology and financial services sectors. The firm's founding principals are Sander Levy, Alok Singh, and Kevin Parker. For more information about Bridge Growth Partners, please visit www.bridgegrowthpartners.com.