TEL AVIV, Israel--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Plarium, one of the world’s fastest growing developers of social and mobile games, has announced the worldwide release of the massively multi-player, real time strategy game, “Sparta: War of Empires” for Facebook. The title introduces a refined gameplay system built for fluidity, along with a fully rebuilt 3D graphics engine and enhanced audio that will exceed even the expectations of Plarium’s 90 million players worldwide. The fight for Sparta has begun and players can start building their own army by visiting: http://bit.ly/OmKUD4.
Set in Greece in the 5th century BC, Sparta: War of Empires immerses gamers into the role of a lord returned from an ongoing war against Xerxes and the Persian Empire, where politics and diplomacy prove as sharp as the blades of combat. With assistance from King Leonidas and the Spartan army, players must protect their city-state from the constant Persian threat and hone their abilities as a strategist, diplomat and ruthless warrior. In a land dictated by selfishness and brutality, survival is a fleeting hope for many.
“We have enhanced the quality of this launch with incredibly detailed graphics and special attention to historical references. The 3D graphics alone are awe-inspiring, although we have gone further and enhanced the audio quality as well,” said Avi Shalel, Plarium’s Chief Executive Officer. “Most importantly, the gameplay and processes required for enhanced MMO strategic warfare have been enhanced so that players have a faster, more active and, in the end, more challenging experience.”
Sparta: War of Empires also features:
- Top-quality artwork and modeling with the level of detail demanded by the most serious players.
- Plarium’s signature classic real-time interface makes joining the fight intuitive for all levels of RTS gamer.
- Regular updates, new content, missions, maps and characters fuel an ever expanding plotline.
- Authentic, realistic units and buildings, modeled after actual historical data and information gathered from the Spartan period, combined with a splash of creative license.
AAA Voiceovers and Original Music
- Players learn the basics of command from the fearless King Leonidas. His fully-voiced tutorial will walk you through gameplay essentials like resources, combat, and the basics of player-versus-player battles.
- Fully-scored soundtrack and sound composed and produced by BAFTA award-winning composer Jesper Kyd.
- Completely translated and voiced in English, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian and German.
Hardcore MMORTS Gameplay
- Gameplay is geared toward players with a thirst for deep strategy. Victory is won by those who choose their friends wisely, yet aren’t afraid to get their hands dirty solo. Allies and enemies can change overnight in a world where loyalty is as fleeting as the limbs of a warrior.
- Form alliances and work together with your friends to wage massive-scale war against rivals. Interact with thousands of other players using live chat. Compete against alliances and participate in combined warfare in a vicious struggle to gain control over ancient Greece.
- Negotiate trades and treaties between other players and master the art of diplomacy to give yourself the best chance of succeeding and becoming the strongest in Sparta and the protector of Greece.
Build Your City-State
- Exploit, steal, trade, or borrow the war materiel required to turn your City into a major force in the fight against the Persian Empire.
- Defend yourself and conquer your enemies with warriors from across the Greek world and the finest fighters Sparta has to offer. Conquer the ever-challenging Persian Empire and defend against the onslaught of attacks and position yourself high enough to claim all of free Greece as your own.
Sparta: War of Empires is available now on Facebook. Those ready to bear sword and shield can learn more by visiting: http://bit.ly/OmKUD4.
Plarium is one of the world’s fastest growing developers of social and mobile games with more than 12 million monthly active users. Established in 2009 and headquartered in Herzliya, Israel, the company employs over 400 individuals across its three offices and animation studios. Plarium has seen international success, with 90 million registered users playing games including “Total Domination,” “Stormfall: Age of War,” “Pirates: Tides of Fortune” and “Soldiers Inc.” on all major social networks such as Facebook, Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki and Mail.ru. Plarium has also launched “Total Domination: Reborn” for iOS enabled mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
Copyright © 2014 Plarium Global Ltd. All Rights Reserved. Plarium, Total Domination, Stormfall: Age of War, Pirates: Tides of Fortune, Soldiers Inc and Sparta: War of Empires and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Plarium Global Ltd.